Coventry Health Care

www.coventryhealthcare.com
  www.coventryhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Coventry Health Care

It was a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Applications Development Consultant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great for work-life balance. There are work at home opportunities, flexible hours, generous vacation and benefits.

Cons

Just got bought out by Aetna, so future is bleak. Most of us will probably lose our jobs.

Keep doing what you are doing.

274 Other Employee Reviews for Coventry Health Care (View Most Recent)

Loved the company when I started.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are fabulous. There are a lot of talent people. Coventry has many opportunities s to learn or further your career and skills. Coventry for the most part wants their employees to succeed and will provide some sort of training (mostly via internet).

Cons

A con of Coventry is the leadership or should say lack of leadership! It is horrible because unless you are a favorite you will not go anywhere. The leadership (depending on the department) often has no idea what is going on, when you bring to their attention they become immediately defensive and will block you from doing anything within the company. I have seen this done to many people. When you bring this to HR they ignore it from what I was told. Any time I needed HR they have been supportive. Leadership will hang out with some employees and trash talk others, completely unprofessional.

Advice to management, listen to your people. Stop the excuse making. Lead! I never experienced such poor management as I did from 2011- current when I left 2013. Your employees know what they are doing, take their feedback and stop shutting down ideas. Coventry is horrible because of management not the working people. Stop hanging out with your employees, stop trash talking you’re setting terrible examples of what management shouldn’t participate in.

7 months of boredom

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interesting work, benefits were OK

Cons

Onboarding program left a lot to be desired. The industry is complex and there was not much in the way of an orientation

Find more effective ways to make remote staff more cohesive.

There are newer employer reviews for Coventry Health Care