Covidien
www.covidien.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Good products, good individual contributors, horrible management

QA Manager (Current Employee)
Boulder, CO

I have been working at Covidien full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHistorically the Boulder facility had been great. We launched a lot of new products, had a good flow of communication between departments, and made a lot of money. There are still some great engineers and marketers in the company.

ConsThere was recently a big layoff. While a lot of people who had been around for years and no longer contributed much were let go the management also took the chance to get rid of anyone who offered opinions differing from theirs. I saw some of my colleagues who, in internal departmental meetings, would proposed changes or different ideas than directors and VPs but go along with the VPs decision in front of the rest of the company get let go. It seemed really petty and now no one offers dissenting views. Creativity for the entire R&D organization has been put on notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want innovation then do not lay off R&D. If you want quality do not base bonuses on the number of recalls. If you want buy in try communicating instead of directing.

Sad future for what once used to be a leading pharma company

Senior Marketing Management (Current Employee)
Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Covidien full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: -There are many intelligent mid to lower level workers at the St. Louis Plant and in R&D -Benefits are average -Pay is average… Cons: -Poor strategy and management decisions have led to loss of talented employees -Covidien's decision to spin-off pharma due to drag on financials, lack of viable/sustainable pipeline… Advice to Senior Management: good luck as a stand-alone pharma company in a tough,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Test Engineer

V & V Engineer (Current Employee)
Boulder, CO

I have been working at Covidien as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good Place to get medical industeries experiance Cons: Not adequate planning for new projects Advice to Senior Management: Better Project planning for upcoming projects Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Covidien.

Worked for Covidien? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covidien reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Covidien CEO José E. Almeida . All reviews posted anonymously by Covidien employees.