Covidien

www.covidien.com

Hungry for good leaders who can communicate vision

Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) Utica, NY

ProsCovidien is focused on growing its core businesses, using the established base of products as the bedrock for expanding into new fields of products. Their benefits are above average in my experience, and the company is hungry for good leadership. There is plenty of opportunity for strong leaders to grow their spheres of influence.

ConsSenior Management on the whole (there are exceptions) seems less than thorough in communicating the company's vision, goals, and plans. Other than increasing brand recognition (through purchase of media-based placements--Fenway Park, for example) there is little evidence of a vision for where the company should be in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is the vision that guides Covidien? If there is one, it is not being communicated to employees, especially ones not at corporate locations.

Management has no vision

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phillipsburg, NJ

I have been working at Covidien

Pros: Provides a lot of responsibility and opportunity to gain experience at… Cons: Management is unable to keep up with the times. They continue to do things they always have and are slowly losing a competitive… Advice to Senior Management: Become cutting edge. The reason the company thrived in the past is their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Covidien is well positioned for 2009 and beyond

Sales (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Covidien

Pros: They high margin medical device manufacturer that is to two suppliers to hospitals. There is a large range of products made both in USA… Cons: Very siloed in the different business units. Advice to Senior Management: Need to allow more employee empowerment to suggest alternate ideas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Covidien.

Worked for Covidien? Contribute to the Community!