Covidien
www.covidien.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Good people, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boulder, CO

ProsThere are a good number of bright people who get things done. Compensation is good, people are friendly.

ConsManagement is often disconnected from the actual processes that makes them money. Middle management is working exclusively on the next promotion, and isn't paying attention to actually doing their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving things offshore - back onshore - out of house - in house - offshore - onshore... isn't a plan. Neither is panicking when you realize you're not going to hit your deadline.

it is just okay to work

Production Worker (Current Employee)
    Springfield, MA

I have been working at Covidien full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: it is just a job and nothing else Cons: hard to move up to the ladder Advice to Senior Management: give chance to internal candidate No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Results Driven Bottom Line Oriented

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Seneca, SC

I worked at Covidien full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Investment in equipment, improvements, and employee training. Cons: Long hours, political climate, rewards for results are minimal. Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Covidien.

Worked for Covidien? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covidien reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Covidien CEO José E. Almeida . All reviews posted anonymously by Covidien employees.