Covidien

There are newer employer reviews for Covidien

Custodian

Current Employee - Custodian in Seneca, SC
Current Employee - Custodian in Seneca, SC

I have been working at Covidien part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The workers are great to work with and so is the supervisor. It's a good working environment.

Cons

They plant will be shutting down soon and they also cut everyone's hours. There is also a lot of drama that goes on but you just have to stay away from it.

509 Other Employee Reviews for Covidien (View Most Recent)

Place in transition

Current Employee - Project Manager in Mansfield, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Mansfield, MA

I have been working at Covidien full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has invested a lot in me personally. I have been put into several leadership and development programs, they reimburse my tuition for grad school, and I've been given the opportunity to travel around the world. It is truly a global company in the sense they we engage frequently with peers overseas.

Cons

Many legacy employees are resistant to change and spend their time putting out fires. Few people have long term vision, failing to identify systemic issues and invest the time to resolve them. Instead they experience the same issues over and over again. In terms of culture, there is a vast difference between the business units and regions versus the corporate office. Corporate has too much bureaucracy and people working in silos. Across the organization different groups of people are working on the exact same project, but are completely unaware. No coordinated PMO to support business processes (just IS projects).

Most senior leadership is comprised of stuffy old men who have spent decades with the company and never even worked outside the medical device industry. They lack perspective and the culture is very resist to change because of it. Given that we are currently going through an acquisition, I'm sure the new company will clear out the top leaders which is strongly needed.

It was Okay.

Current Employee - Operator VI in Greenwood, SC
    Current Employee - Operator VI in Greenwood, SC

I have been working at Covidien full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good money, and good benefits

Cons

Long hours, and they don't care about people. Just production.

Get new ones.