There are newer employer reviews for Covisint

No what you know/who you know. High Stress.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home.
Good Benefits.
Downtown Detroit a fun place to work.
Smart people in the ranks (architects, developers, Quality Assurance, Business Analyst, Delivery Managers.)

Cons

cronyism,
Management has superior attitude towards earning less than them.
Pay lower than state average.
Those from India taken advantage of my management from India. (Seems to be a part of why they are in that position.)
Because of Immigration laws many from India are stuck in jobs that they are being under paid for. (I am not from India I am an American but know many that have the for-mentioned plight)
Lots of pressure and long hours.

Get rid of the few that you have in upper management that are bringing down the company and making the rest of you look bad.

Covisint Response

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

We appreciate your feedback and we're pleased to hear that you enjoy having good benefits, the option to work from home or working in our great office in Downtown Detroit. HR has taken an active ... More

reviews filtered by

Hardworking people, but lack of direction and support from Management.

Current Employee - Architect in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Architect in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many dedicated and hardworking employees; If you add value, you are easily noticed and respected.
    Inadvertently come across opportunities to learn stress management by managing multiple unstable solutions;
    Option to work from home when needed;

Cons

Very difficult to navigate through and get work done; constantly chasing solutions and addressing fire; minimum to no support from Management.
    Can get promoted in spite of lack of skills if you can socialize with executive management (coffee/lunch breaks, phone chats etc). This is extremely frustrating as work is impacted; others are required to shoulder the task of mitigating negative quality impacts.

HR should review employee performance from within the team and immediate management. Respect and practice "Lessons Learned"

Formerly good company is heading downhill.

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees. Great product. Great location.

Cons

Too many VPs and Directors. The former upper level management decision making practically ruined this company. Now, the new CEO is making drastic decisions that appear to be to satisfy the stockholders. The employee morale is very low. He has laid off nearly 80 employees. The remaining employees are scared they will lose their jobs. The CEO is planning to move the company from a growing downtown to cut costs. No one appears to care about the employees, now. The way things are going and the moves the CEO is making I would be surprised if this company was still around in a year.

Purge some of upper level management. Start caring more about the employees.

Covisint Response

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that Covisint has great employees, a great product, and a great location. There have been changes to the former upper level management to help drive us forward ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Covisint