Cowan Systems

www.cowansystems.com

My experience at Cowan Systems is excellent!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The culture at Cowan is fantastic! Since it is a family run company you get the feeling of solidarity and openness. Everyone is willing to answer any questions you have and sit down with you to go over what it is that they do on a daily basis. There is an open-door policy so I have been able to talk with different levels of personnel and sit in on different meetings. The working area is very open so it is easy to communicate with those around you. The people in this company are great to work with - they are happy and encouraging. There is a lot to learn from those in the office because many of them have been with the company for decades. It is not a micro-managed environment - I am given my tasks and able to complete them at my pace and in order of importance.

Cons

I have not encountered any Cons working at Cowan.

Other reviews for Cowan Systems

Excellent Entry Level Logistics Experience

Current Employee - Logistics Sales Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Logistics Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Cowan is an excellent place to get your feet wet in this industry and the brokerage division is a really solid fit for hard workers getting started in this business. This is not a 9-5 job because the logistics industry is not a 9-5 world that we operate in. If you are willing to put in the work prospecting and developing your own accounts you will be successful here. Yes, at first you do need to make 80-100 sales calls a day; that unfortunately is the only way to develop new clients in this industry. However, once you really get in the groove at about the 6 month mark, that is when you will really start to learn and have fun in this job.

The office environment is second to none here. The junior level managers really watch your back and take care of you and truly want you to succeed; all that they ask is that you put in the hours and the hard work and take care of your clients and the carriers you are working with. This is a fun job and the co-workers in the Baltimore office really look out for each other and keep the atmosphere light.

My biggest advice to those looking into a job in the brokerage division is to really assess your ability to constantly sell. If logistics does not get you excited and you do not have the ability to pick up the phone with confidence then you will be miserable here.

Cons

The negative aspects of the job are really unrelated to Cowan, it has to do with the nature of the industry. This is such a competitive industry and there are very little barriers to entry; there is always another broker or carrier willing to cut their rates to take your clients out from underneath of you. If you are patient and stick to your rates and provide your clients unmatched service, down the line things will always work out in your favor.

Keep doing what you are doing and Cowan's brokerage division will continue to grow. Continue to thoroughly assess new hires to ensure that they will fit in with the culture here and we will continue to be successful.

Cowan Systems offers a positive environment, training, opportunities for advancement and longevity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Halethorpe, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD

Pros

The Cowan Systems company culture dictates a respectful, supportive, and cohesive team environment. The culture is a top-down driven effort, with the executive leadership holding themselves accountable for preserving company values, ensuring compliance, and modeling appropriate behavior. Our corporate office is located in Halethorpe / Baltimore, Maryland, and most corporate employees work a typical Monday – Friday 8 hour day shift. Logistics and brokerage managers value entrepreneurship, and provide careers for those who are enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, and driven by success. Due to continued growth, Cowan is frequently adding new entry-level Logistics Sales Manager positions. Company offers competitive compensation/ benefits/ PTO. Managers respect work-life balance.

Cons

I've only had positive experiences at Cowan Systems. Our Atlanta office did experience significant change, which is reflected in past comments. Feedback from current Atlanta employees is positive.

There are newer employer reviews for Cowan Systems.

Worked for Cowan Systems? Contribute to the Community!