There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

Cox offers the ability to participate in financial, marketing, and technical aspects of the business regardless of your current position. Feedback is appreciated, although not always followed. 90% of my co-workers care about the job they perform and quality of their work, which I attribute to the culture fostered by management. Bi-annually the company conducts an employee opinion survey to understand where time, money, and efforts should be applied to improvement HR, company focus, management, and products.

Cons

Cox operates it's services in silos. There is very little interaction between the main product lines such as voice, video, data, and wireless. Opportunities for full interaction between the groups should be fostered and in some cases required by management to reduce product time to market, provide a consistent company service package, and maximize investment.

Advice to Management

Create a clear and consistent product strategy across all lines of business.

reviews filtered by
  1. A Communication Company that does not Communicate

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Cox Communications

Pros

Big cable discount and the benefits are great. They give tuition reimbursement for college, great medical, and dental, 401k

Cons

Pay could be better. Senior Management should listen to lower level employees on how to better correct problems, plus you can get fired quick as hell, I have seen people get fired over something as stupid as talk time, and the always wait until the end of your shift to tell you your fired and while they tell you this your Sup. hands you a box with all of your stuff in it so security can escort you out of the building

Advice to Management

Need to find a better way for depts to communicate.

Drastic changes for the worse.

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

We have a good work life balance.

Cons

Recently the company's direction has changed from system driven to centalization. Policies and procedures are now being decided by people that have little to no experience in the field. They do not have any idea how things really work at the system level. They are getting little to no feedback from the field and are changing policies without proper participation. Even when getting feedback decisions are being made based on what corporate people think works, again with no real experience. Word has gotten out to just do what they say or be labled as a trouble maker or worse. So system employees are now afraid to speak up. We've been told just to "shut up and do it". Senior management does not want their system to stand out as a problem.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who actually do the jobs. Loose the elite mentality. We are all educated adults, not children that should be seen but not heard.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications