Cox Communications
www.cox.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Started out great, ended up a joke

Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee)
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, great office, open door policy with managers.

ConsAlthough there is an open door policy with managers your feedback is listened to but not acted upon. When I first started it was great, felt secure in my job daily, made good money, great atmosphere. That steadily changed after they started firing everyone and micromanaging everyone to death. I guess the managers were trying to justify their bloated salaries? I'm not sure what they did outside of bring in donuts on Saturday's anyways. Basically on the retention floor, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. It's crazy the what reps will do and be rewarded for it, and then others will be fired. Silly job, silly management. Also, when about 25% of the sales floor is out on LOA for "stress" you might have a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue, your product sucks and ATT is literally lapping you right now. Cox internet is the only viable product to offer. Also, the company spent BILLIONS to launch wireless? Good call on that one!!! What person that makes millions a year couldn't foresee problems with cut rate phones and only 3G service? Seriously, you guys look like idiots. The people at the top should be fired, but instead you pass that along to those who take your orders. It's a joke.

An OK company, just know what you're getting into (Especially Tech Support!)

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits, I like the people I work with, Diverse… Cons: Constantly changing procedures, last to market technology, poor customer focus, micro management, consolidation pitfalls. This is a company going… Advice to Senior Management: Re-think your procedures for your customers, Strive to lead in technology, (for example, your Whole Home DVR System is a… More

I was a contractor for them for almost 5 yrs

Triple-play Installation Technician (Former Employee)
Ocala, FL

I worked at Cox Communications as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: During the busy seasons I made decent money, but only for a few months in spurts. This job requires a hard shell and a lot… Cons: The biggest thing I had a problem with is that they are constantly changing the pay scale, which can affect a worker's attitude when they… Advice to Senior Management: I've heard that each truck roll costs you about $75. Well that's a lot of wasted money, when your employees go back to one job… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cox Communications.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cox Communications CEO Pat Esser. All reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees.