Cox communications a great place to work.

Current Employee - Tier II Technician  in  Chesapeake, VA
Current Employee - Tier II Technician in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

The best reason i found to work here was the fact that cox still offers a pension plan that you can start collection at 55 years old. Also they have an easy going atmosphere at work and i am rarely if ever supervised. i mean i see my supervisor for about ten minutes a week if that. Some weeks i don't even see him at all. How great is that?!

Cons

When i first started working here the pay was not so great. In comparison to our biggest rival verizon the pay was quite sub par but i tried to do a good job and was rewarded with very large pay increases. One year i got a 12 percent raise.

I think they need to look into increasing the pay and maybe allowing some employees to work from home or maybe four days ten hour work weeks.

Other Reviews for Cox Communications

I feel good working for Cox

Current Employee - Home Service Tech  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Home Service Tech in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

I love the flexibility and the personal. I like working 4 days a week, and taking my van home, I have really saved in gas. I like the fact they management is not breathing down our necks to see what we are doing, I mean, they leave us alone if we are doing our jobs correctly.

Cons

I guess the weather, when is really cold since our vans are not great in the snow. The other thing would be climbing attics, crawl spaces in the mud. Working in the middle of nowhere. Changing drops at night.

Keep up the good work. I like the way my manager deals with our team. I like it when we have our quarterly meetings.

Cox Communications, there is a great deal of room for improvement.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cox Communications

Pros

Conveniently located close to residential area, good for part time employment, however, look for other opportunities. Very structured work environment when it comes to metrics. Some training is very thorough. If you have the skillset to become a field tech, that's the best department to work in. Some good work ethics policies set in place. Field technicians are the best when dealing with the customers. Have really nice approach and very knowledgeable with installing and fixing the services.

Cons

Some negative and rude people work there. Dress code is a little too lax for a Corporate environment with the exception of field techs. The overall operating system for their video, cabling, and telephone systems is much too complex for the employees to work with and should be something a little more user friendly without having foreign error messages that only the computer programmers can understand. A little disharmony between employees which could fit many different company types. Some trainers are a little too distracted and need to be a little more focused when training their employees. If the company expects the employee to attend training, then some of the trainers need to give 100 percent of their time to training. A little too much micro management. Management needs to learn to have a little more faith in the employees that they choose, then they would not need to micro manage employee's work.

Upgrade their operating system for video,data, and voice communications to make it easier for employees to navigate through it. Find it rather ridiculous to expect everyone to pass a test for this very difficult to use system that requires at least 3 months to adapt to that has numerous flaws in it. Treat the customers with a little more respect because not everyone is knowledgeable about all of these services. Use more discretion with the hiring process so that people stand a chance at actually working on a long term basis there. Get programmers that would make an effort to fix the flaws that exist within this operating system starting with the cryptic errors that come up on each screen.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!