Cox Communications
www.cox.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Cox communications a great place to work.

Tier II Technician (Current Employee)
Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications

ProsThe best reason i found to work here was the fact that cox still offers a pension plan that you can start collection at 55 years old. Also they have an easy going atmosphere at work and i am rarely if ever supervised. i mean i see my supervisor for about ten minutes a week if that. Some weeks i don't even see him at all. How great is that?!

ConsWhen i first started working here the pay was not so great. In comparison to our biggest rival verizon the pay was quite sub par but i tried to do a good job and was rewarded with very large pay increases. One year i got a 12 percent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they need to look into increasing the pay and maybe allowing some employees to work from home or maybe four days ten hour work weeks.

Cox Communications voted best workplace 2009

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros: The best reasons to work for Cox Communications are, first and foremost, the Cox culture. The company actively promotes diversity in the workplace, and embraces… Cons: Having to work for a living, otherwise, its a good… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I feel good working for Cox

Home Service Tech (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros: I love the flexibility and the personal. I like working 4 days a week, and taking my van home, I have really saved in… Cons: I guess the weather, when is really cold since our vans are not great in the snow. The other thing… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. I like the way my manager deals… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cox Communications.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cox Communications CEO Pat Esser. All reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees.