Cox Communications

www.cox.com
  www.cox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications

Cox communications a great place to work.

Current Employee - Tier II Technician in Chesapeake, VA
Current Employee - Tier II Technician in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

The best reason i found to work here was the fact that cox still offers a pension plan that you can start collection at 55 years old. Also they have an easy going atmosphere at work and i am rarely if ever supervised. i mean i see my supervisor for about ten minutes a week if that. Some weeks i don't even see him at all. How great is that?!

Cons

When i first started working here the pay was not so great. In comparison to our biggest rival verizon the pay was quite sub par but i tried to do a good job and was rewarded with very large pay increases. One year i got a 12 percent raise.

I think they need to look into increasing the pay and maybe allowing some employees to work from home or maybe four days ten hour work weeks.

703 Other Employee Reviews for Cox Communications (View Most Recent)

Cox Communications voted best workplace 2009

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

The best reasons to work for Cox Communications are, first and foremost, the Cox culture. The company actively promotes diversity in the workplace, and embraces personal accountability. Attrition is relatively low at Cox because of a company secret: employee job satisfaction is the secret ingredient for customer satisfaction. Finally, at Cox, employees all share in the company's success, and they have many options to take their careers in the direction they want. They can even relocate to another Cox market, from coast to coast.

Cons

Having to work for a living, otherwise, its a good company.

Keep up the good work!

I feel good working for Cox

Current Employee - Home Service Tech in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Home Service Tech in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

I love the flexibility and the personal. I like working 4 days a week, and taking my van home, I have really saved in gas. I like the fact they management is not breathing down our necks to see what we are doing, I mean, they leave us alone if we are doing our jobs correctly.

Cons

I guess the weather, when is really cold since our vans are not great in the snow. The other thing would be climbing attics, crawl spaces in the mud. Working in the middle of nowhere. Changing drops at night.

Keep up the good work. I like the way my manager deals with our team. I like it when we have our quarterly meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications