Cox Communications

Stable Company w/ Good Benefits, but Not the Sam as When I Started

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros1. State of the art workout facility
2. Job Stability
3. Competitive Pay/Benefits (with Bonuses)
4. Variety of options for seeking internal employment opportunities. With the various divisions, you can change jobs without having to leave the company and losing tenure.

Cons1. Promotions given out based on who you know.
2. Easy to become stagnant if you aren't proactive in taking control of the advancement of your career.
3. Lots of politics. Upper management has their own agenda without giving clear strategy to the team. They may as well run the company on their own. Lack of clarity and prioritization.
4. Very immature with effectively employing project management processes. PMs are more like project coordinators. Attempting to improve with new EPM and Assured Frameworks.
5. Work-from-Home options are hit or miss.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aggresive with initiating advancement opportunities for current employees. Hire/promote based on talent and skill, not relationships. Create more team synergy by setting clear direction and goals for your team.

This company has changed culturally for the worse over the years

Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible with scheduling in management, great benefits Cons: Poor 2nd level and above management, limited job opportunities with quick posting… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your customers and make your products easier to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Commission structure changed monthly depending on how good reps were doing overall

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Cox Communications part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good for college part-time job Cons: Bad for career later on Advice to Senior Management: Trust your reps More
There are newer reviews on Cox Communications.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!