Cox Communications

www.cox.com

Wonderful

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Old time company where you are still a person not just a number. Teamwork is valued and encouraged.

Cons

Slow to respond when it comes to competition, they seem to be ok with following yet they have one of the best networks in the country.

Other reviews for Cox Communications

Stressful as a Contractor

Current Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work for a manager and group that cares about the delivery of it's product, life can be good at Cox. My pay is good and I have been recognized for my contributions with additional responsibility. (Read work :) ) After some time you will see there are many great employees and good contractors as well. The environment is good, you are provided with the basics to do your job. I happen to like it there for now, although I don't quite fit in still after almost 18 months. I like to say the obvious.

Cons

As a contractor you quickly see there is a huge line drawn between employees and contractors. There are way too many employees who prefer to do as little as possible of their work and take every opportunity to blame anyone else. Everyday you go the office you will know you are an employee. In a bad way.

Try to practice all that you preach.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Senior WiFi Network Engineer  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Senior WiFi Network Engineer in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

-Great Talent
    -Good facilites
    -Strong knowledge in the markets

Cons

-Corporate funds things in a weird way. I watched a contractor get pushed out by 2 lower level engineers after he had spent 18 months building the system. All of this was under a brand new 1st time manager.

Only hire seasoned managers of groups. I've watched a group struggle now that a teams greatest asset walked out the door.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!