Home Service Technician

Former Employee - Home Service Technician in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Home Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of room for advancement, you get thoroughly trained on everything you need to know out in the field. Supervisors treat you well and are fair and promote from within.

Cons

Got an old truck to work in with doors on the side that didn't close well but since then they may have upgraded. Also aggravated customers but don't let that ruin your day.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are rewarding for work that is done well and try to keep a positive cool attitude if your having a bad day.

Other Employee Reviews for Cox Communications

Tiring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cox is not a bad company to work for however their technical support department in Oklahoma City leaves much to be desired. Cox is very involved in the community, their benefits are great, tuition reimbursement, 401K, pension, vision, medical, and dental all on day one! Cox even has an employee fund in the event an employee encounters a hardship; not to mention the steep discount on cable and internet. My advice is just do not work for technical support and you will be very happy.

Cons

With attrition rates of well over 80%, the technical support department in Cox Oklahoma is one of the worst places work. Work/life balance in near non-existent, there is no opportunity for movement within the company unless you move to another state, the left hand of senior management doesn't know what the right hand is doing and unfortunately, their HR department has no room to exercise authority or have an opinion outside of what is given to them. Morale is low and if you dare try to have an original thought of your own you will not fit in.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves

Unprofessional recruitment

Pros

There are no pros that I can think of. Would not recommend anyone apply here

Cons

Unwilling to reschedule my interview even after I informed that my husband was undergoing a kidney transplant. Would definitely not want to work for a company like this.

Advice to Management

none