Cox Communications

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly pay & commissions were very good. Benefits were excellent. The Team environment was like family. The team leaders were very personable.

Cons

They were always changing the commission criteria. Sometimes they changed it in the middle of the month.

Keep employees who are doing their job happy and you will have better results!

705 Other Employee Reviews for Cox Communications (View Most Recent)

Awful. Management is terrible and company investments are wasteful.

Current Employee - NSC Technical Support in West Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - NSC Technical Support in West Warwick, RI

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits. That's it. Bllah blah blah

Cons

Poor management. Extremely bad customer support. Technology is old and we are far behind other competitors.

Think about your employees. Don't just pretend to care.

Technical Support Rep

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers in tech support, everyone is very helpful, friendly, and like to keep positive - no drama. The supervisors are all great people. Great benefits. They love feeding us. If you have patience with all sorts of customers troubleshooting isn't too bad.

Cons

Too much stress now on meeting sales instead of the job title of tech support. I really enjoyed working here at the beginning in July 2012, but within the past few months the rules have changed and I feel like I'm only valued if I install a new product.

The sales goals and time adherence do not feel rational to keep up with each month. A lot of customers calling into tech support already have cable, internet, and phone. If they don't, they more often decline to add because they say they either cannot afford it or they are more focused on their real reason for calling, which is to fix their issue.

Another aspect to the sales focus is that employees get praised just for keying a new product install. This could mean you're installing services again for someone who had a non-pay disconnect or they are transferring to a new address. When workers key these orders they are praised for making a sale, when really it just landed in their lap. If you weren't lucky enough to have one of these instances during the month and weren't able to convince a customer to add a new product you're left feeling like you're doing your job wrong or not trying hard enough. I've received kudos weekly from customers who thought I did a great job troubleshooting and went out of my way to help them, but in the end that isn't the goal anymore.

The role as a tech support rep is enough as things change every day here, so adding sales is too much. I'm looking for other work as I'm tired of having sales jammed down my throat.

Take the sales focus away from tech support. We want the job in tech support to help people and problem solve. It's too stressful with the new rules that were activated this past month. I don't like feeling like I'm not doing a great job/am going to loose my job if I try all month and wasn't able to sell something.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Communications