Still a top 10 place to work within our industry

Current Employee - Supervisor in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Supervisor in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

Career growth, flexibility of schedule and the open cubicle enviornment promotes cross departmental conversation. If you are truly interested in career advancement, then the door is wide open at Cox. You are allowed the liberty to build your organization from the ground up. Peer to peer information sharing has increased in the past couple of years.

Cons

sometimes there is a failure to communicate internally from department to department which has a negative impact on how we are viewed by our customers. Redirection of the current mindset of the frontline would be beneficial as well. There's a lot of complacency and no sense of urgency for beating out the competitor.

Advice to Management

narrow down or eliminate some of the tools to become more efficient. there are a lot of useful tools but unfortunately many of those tools do not interface with each other which causes a duplication of work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not all bad but could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

Very stable company with decent benefits. There is passing recognition given to a work/life balance. Flexible working conditions are limted.

Cons

As with most larger companies there is lot of politics surrounding the business. Salary guidelines are dated especially in emerging fields where limited talent exists. That limits the talent that can be aquired and limits the employees options for staying when that salary ceiling has been reached.

Advice to Management

Look at the work/life balance seriously and give more flexibility in work options (work from home, flex hours, etc.)

2. We are the most trusted provider in America!!

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

It is a fun job to have because Cox believes in rewarding its employees when they pull to the task and get the job done. There are great people who are in leadership and who work side by side with you.The pay and the benefits are really good. Cox also believes in giving back to the community.

Cons

The job can sometimes get really stressful because if a customer can't get the results they are looking for, they blow off all of their frustrations out on you. It feels like you have to cover for previous mistakes that other personnel has made or contractor sites have made to protect the image of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job and throw us a party every month!!