There are newer employer reviews for Cox Enterprises

Great people, private company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time

Pros

Family oriented, private company that is very fair to employees and has a very nice set of traditional benefits. Very open access to different levels of management and opportunities to know about different activities across the company. Not a cut-throat culture - more helpful and friendly.

Cons

Adoption of newer work-life benefits has been a bit slow as the company evolves for the 21st century workforce. Career options within parent organization can be somewhat limited, but opportunities with divisions are plentiful. Friendliness of employees sometimes masks real progress on issues - people tend not to disagree and debate a lot in meetings, but have side conversations and small meetings to iron out major decisions.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Cox Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cox Enterprises houses a number of subsidiary companies - from newspapers, media, trade magazines, internet, etc. As a privately held company, Cox Enterprises is pro women and offers a number of outstanding benefits. Cox Enterprises is also wonderful about having their employees volunteer their time with community projects.

Cons

Cannot think of any 'cons' about this company. If they had not closed down in 2009 the AutoMart, AutoDeal, and AutoTrader divisions across the USA, then I would have continued working for this division.

Take a closer look at your middle management, especially, since you have numerous locations around the USA.

Good Company

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cox Enterprises

Pros

The people at Cox are very serious and well qualified. They are a committed organization and demand the most from there employees.

Cons

Television is becoming more and more difficult to sell to advertisers with the steady growth of online advertising. Internal competition can be tense.

I highly value the high quality sales training and experience I received at Cox, and I truly respect the work ethic and didication I saw from leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Enterprises

Worked for Cox Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!