Cox Media Group

www.coxmediagroup.com

Great place to learn about the industry & gain valuable experience.

Intern (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

Pros- We got to create our own internship experience.
- Great open door exposure to senior management.
- Created lead lists and made cold calls to set up future meetings with the Sales Reps.
- Was given a lot of responsibility if I just asked for it.
- I worked on many diverse projects (digital media, targeting, lead generation, online research, marketing initiatives, processing newspaper ads, etc).
- Had informational 30+ minutes one-on-one meetings with each manager in the Sales Department .
- Had opportunities to learn firsthand & explore various career paths by shadowing employees in multiple departments in the company (Editorial Staff, Marketing Dept., B2C Sales Reps, & the B2B Sales Reps)

Cons- At times there was not enough to do in order to contribute and stay busy.
- The intern manager was often traveling for work, so it was difficult to have certain questions answered.

Advice to Senior Management- Would have liked the opportunity to apply the knowledge learned about the company in role plays or by presenting it to other interns.
- Have the interns make more cold calls to set x number of meetings per week for the Sales Reps.
- Just ask for what you want the internship to be like.
- It was a great experience and I learned a lot! Continue to offer internships with your company.

Great place to work

I Intern (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

I worked at Cox Media Group

Pros: Good working environment. People at the company valued the opinions of interns… Cons: Pay wasn't that great. Too many bosses to report to. Company… Advice to Senior Management: They should have more of an inclusive management style that has an open… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Poor Treatment of Employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

I have been working at Cox Media Group

Pros: there are some great people here. Cons: they treat employees poorly, there is a lot of drama,… Advice to Senior Management: when you ask employees opinions- actually take them into consideration.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cox Media Group.

Worked for Cox Media Group? Contribute to the Community!