There are newer employer reviews for Cox Media Group

Great place to learn about the industry & gain valuable experience.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Intern in Dayton, OH

I worked at Cox Media Group

Pros

- We got to create our own internship experience.
- Great open door exposure to senior management.
- Created lead lists and made cold calls to set up future meetings with the Sales Reps.
- Was given a lot of responsibility if I just asked for it.
- I worked on many diverse projects (digital media, targeting, lead generation, online research, marketing initiatives, processing newspaper ads, etc).
- Had informational 30+ minutes one-on-one meetings with each manager in the Sales Department .
- Had opportunities to learn firsthand & explore various career paths by shadowing employees in multiple departments in the company (Editorial Staff, Marketing Dept., B2C Sales Reps, & the B2B Sales Reps)

Cons

- At times there was not enough to do in order to contribute and stay busy.
- The intern manager was often traveling for work, so it was difficult to have certain questions answered.

- Would have liked the opportunity to apply the knowledge learned about the company in role plays or by presenting it to other interns.
- Have the interns make more cold calls to set x number of meetings per week for the Sales Reps.
- Just ask for what you want the internship to be like.
- It was a great experience and I learned a lot! Continue to offer internships with your company.

99 Other Employee Reviews for Cox Media Group (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - I Intern  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - I Intern in Dayton, OH

I worked at Cox Media Group

Pros

Good working environment. People at the company valued the opinions of interns just like another employee. Overal, it was a good choice to work.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great. Too many bosses to report to. Company seemed disorganized at times with their agendas. Not too bad though.

They should have more of an inclusive management style that has an open door policy. Sometimes I had no clue what a going on in the firm.

Poor Treatment of Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Cox Media Group

Pros

there are some great people here.

Cons

they treat employees poorly, there is a lot of drama, people cannot be trusted, upper management does not make good decisions.

when you ask employees opinions- actually take them into consideration. stop pretending like you're listening.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Media Group

Worked for Cox Media Group? Contribute to the Community!