There are newer employer reviews for Cox Media Group

New Business Multimedia Manager hired to create a team of 4 to cold call on Austin and surrounding area businesses

Former Employee - Multimedia New Business Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Multimedia New Business Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Cox Media Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cox has a long standing reputation for taking care of it's many nationwide employees by providing continuous motivational training sessions and corporate support

Cons

The downside was the point at which I joined the team as the Austin American Statesman has been in the middle of a rebuilding phase, testing various programs to help contribute to achieve their $66.9M budget for 2012

The current management structure was hired to replace the age old team that, according to those who were let go, was a wonderfully supportive and caring team. The replacements came from outside Austin and did not bring an open attitude to what the locals had to offer and only had an eye on the budget and not the employee.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Cox Media Group (View Most Recent)

Decent salary and benefits, but poor leadership and communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Cox Media Group

Pros

A good salary and benefit package compared to similar jobs elsewhere; open door policy with most senior management, good opportunities for training

Cons

Poor coordination between departments, "ivory tower" thinking in senior management as well as a lack of effective leadership, very low morale

Great place to learn about the industry & gain valuable experience.

Former Employee - Intern in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Dayton, OH

I worked at Cox Media Group

Pros

- We got to create our own internship experience.
    - Great open door exposure to senior management.
    - Created lead lists and made cold calls to set up future meetings with the Sales Reps.
    - Was given a lot of responsibility if I just asked for it.
    - I worked on many diverse projects (digital media, targeting, lead generation, online research, marketing initiatives, processing newspaper ads, etc).
    - Had informational 30+ minutes one-on-one meetings with each manager in the Sales Department .
    - Had opportunities to learn firsthand & explore various career paths by shadowing employees in multiple departments in the company (Editorial Staff, Marketing Dept., B2C Sales Reps, & the B2B Sales Reps)

Cons

- At times there was not enough to do in order to contribute and stay busy.
    - The intern manager was often traveling for work, so it was difficult to have certain questions answered.

- Would have liked the opportunity to apply the knowledge learned about the company in role plays or by presenting it to other interns.
    - Have the interns make more cold calls to set x number of meetings per week for the Sales Reps.
    - Just ask for what you want the internship to be like.
    - It was a great experience and I learned a lot! Continue to offer internships with your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Cox Media Group