Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
  www.crackerbarrel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Better than a lot of places.

Former Employee - Server in Murray, KY
Former Employee - Server in Murray, KY

I worked at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Flexible schedule
Some great customers
Good company
One of the more organized places I've worked

Cons

Management was condescending
Very little encouragement or acknowledgement of a job well done

I worked here as a weekend job, so my husband and I had staggered work schedules and one of us could be at home at all times with our kids. Starting off, I had really good sections and established regular customers. Then, management got obsessed with hitting a goal hour and started scheduling tons of servers and giving us two or three table sections. I was hardly even making enough to pay the gas to get there every weekend. On top of that, management talked down to us and was almost hateful. Of course, some servers work harder than others, but for those of us who busted our tails every shift, a little acknowledgment would have gone a long way.

568 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

At Cracker Barrel, you will either like it or hate it within a week's time. It is not for everybody.

Current Employee - Par IV Server in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Par IV Server in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cracker Barrel

Pros

The customers are generally nice, clean people. Lots of regulars and relationships built. Flexible schedule with reasonable pay. (For servers)

Cons

Tend to treat employees as less than. (children)

Being a server has a bad enough reputation as being a low level job for those who have no education and a big possibility of never achieving more. Taking down to them as if they are children does NOT help a semi bad shift get any better. Positive reinforcement is needed and a lot more praise. Giving all employees one free fountain drink after working very hard to bring you 3 goal hours in a row does NOT provide incenative to work harder and help the company achieve their goals. You, as a company, have gotten cheap toward your employees, and do NOT proportion compensation for hard work fairly...period.

A great work environment, although the pay is not competitive.

Former Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Respectful company and work environment with helpful and effective managers. Clear duties and instructions. They are also always looking for people to complete management training if you are interested in restaurant management.

Cons

The only complaints that I have is inconsistent scheduling, which is typical in a restaurant environment, and the low pay.

The managers are very good and if they aren't then they don't last very long. They are very fair and judicial when dealing with employees and guests.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel