Cracker Barrel
www.crackerbarrel.com Lebanon, TN 5000+ Employees

Good money for a serving position

Server (Current Employee)
York, PA

ProsWhen I was a server at the Cracker Barrel, I rarely made less than $10 an hour in tips, plus the $2.83 hourly base pay. Shifts went by quickly, and the customer turn-around was very quick. I rarely felt overwhelmed, as each server allowed a very manageable number of tables.

ConsAt times I felt the management was incompetent, and that the store would be better run by someone who has worked there a long time, rather than managers who undergo training for that position only.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Chances are they have been working there longer than you, and know what they are talking about.

average place to wait tables...

Server (Former Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

I worked at Cracker Barrel

Pros: flexible schedule they promote from within frequent pay rasies some opportunities to be traveling trainer or crew… Cons: teamwork is stressed. so stronger servers do more than weaker ones. bills are low there, you have to make money by table turnover since they… Advice to Senior Management: There are too many servers on the floor too often. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Employees are at the Bottom of the Barrel

Server (Former Employee)
    Milford, CT

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fairly easy job Fun co-workers Easy commute (at least for me) Cons: Disorganized, rude and uncaring management Understaffed kitchen with lazy and miserable… Advice to Senior Management: I was a server in the mid to late 1980's. Enjoyed it so much that a year after I had my first child, I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cracker Barrel CEO Sandra B. Cochran . All reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees.