Cracker Barrel
www.crackerbarrel.com Lebanon, TN 5000+ Employees

Always changing. . . . never sitting still. . .

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery strong company that continues to outperform the rest of the casual dining industry. Not worried about company going under and losing a job that way.

ConsCrazy amount of paperwork. Some DM's are almost too "hands on". Almost too much communication is expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn training, we were taught that the guest, actually, is not always right. For whatever reason, though, any guest complaint that comes through nearly always is automatically penalty status without ever checking to find out what actually took place. If you want to give a Gold Card to everyone, fine. Please don't take it out on your managers if you are not going to do due process.

If you like being screamed at all day by management, this is the job for you!

Par III Server (Former Employee)
Marion, IL

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy to pick up more hours. That's the only good… Cons: I've worked at 2 different stores for a total of 3 years. The last store I worked at was HORRIBLE! I had panic attacks driving… Advice to Senior Management: None. Management in that company is a joke. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you are a college student good job otherwise it's probably not for you

Server (Former Employee)
Jackson, TN

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for less than a year

Pros: You have the chance to make a lot of money and you tables… Cons: Managment is some what incompetent They over work the servers because they are the cheapest labor They make… Advice to Senior Management: Quit trying to cut labor cost by only having servers… More

There are newer reviews on Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cracker Barrel CEO Sandra B. Cochran . All reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees.