Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Always changing. . . . never sitting still. . .

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong company that continues to outperform the rest of the casual dining industry. Not worried about company going under and losing a job that way.

Cons

Crazy amount of paperwork. Some DM's are almost too "hands on". Almost too much communication is expected.

In training, we were taught that the guest, actually, is not always right. For whatever reason, though, any guest complaint that comes through nearly always is automatically penalty status without ever checking to find out what actually took place. If you want to give a Gold Card to everyone, fine. Please don't take it out on your managers if you are not going to do due process.

649 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Fast paced, decent management, sorry co-workers

Former Employee - Server in Perry, GA
    Former Employee - Server in Perry, GA

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

DECENT pay SOME hours. 50% off food during the shift if they feel you need it. Smiles are all around, but they're fake.week of training.

Cons

Sorry co-workers , have to stay an hour or more late every shift for...god knows what. terrible shifts, all the good shifts are given to the favorites

Stop trying to make this place a fast food resteraunt

If you like being screamed at all day by management, this is the job for you!

Former Employee - PAR III Server in Marion, IL
    Former Employee - PAR III Server in Marion, IL

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to pick up more hours. That's the only good thing I'll say about them.

Cons

I've worked at 2 different stores for a total of 3 years. The last store I worked at was HORRIBLE! I had panic attacks driving to work. Employees are constantly bullied and yelled at by the a**hole GM.
    He has put his hands on (at least) 2 servers (meaning he SHOVED 2 servers) corporate got involved in both cases and nothing was done. I don't care how good the tips were, nothing is worth being treated like that. Also, there is no automatic gratuity for parties, servers get shafted on Sundays with church crowds that don't tip. The company genuinely does not care about it's employees. Servers are a dime a dozen, so if you don't like the way you're treated, quit. That's your only option.

None. Management in that company is a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel