Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com

Constantly bullied and management ignores everything.

Hostess (Former Employee) Macon, GA

ProsManagers would work with you if you needed help. Some guests were fun to talk with. When work was steady, time would fly. If you wanted a raise, it was fairly simple to receive one because all you had to do was take a test online.

ConsSchedule was hardly ever right. I'd be called in early to work and stay late or called to not come in at all because business was so slow, or either be cut early and end up working 2 hours. Managers did not look at the "time off" book when making schedules and I rarely got any vacation when requested. Often I was made to bus tables, and get drinks for guests, even though I was only a hostess. I did not receive the pay that a bus boy did nor did I receive tip sharing. Several times a shift waitresses would claim I skipped their section on purpose and tell management I wasn't doing my job correctly. Some guests would request 4 chairs even if it was only 2 guests. I was called racists by a guest once when I took the guests in front of the podium to their seat instead of him, whom was standing to the left of me and the other guests. The location was horrible; my car was broken into suspectedly an employee. When shift change came, whoever was working hostess before me would not complete their tasks but were allowed to leave, leaving me with double the amount of work to do. Issues like this were never addressed by management of any kind.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on schedule regulating. It was not fun working to 11pm one night and being expected to be back at work at 8 in the morning. Sit down with employees when co-workers can not get along and try to find a solution. Hide the camera video somewhere employees can't see the tapes. This led to my car being broken into.

It was okay at first but got really boring and did not like the way cashiers were treated by managers.

Cashier (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros: - It was easy -you could use a discount -got to eat… Cons: -bad scheduling, conflicts and write ups -mean managers -opening hours No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

it's a job

Hostess (Current Employee) Conroe, TX

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros: lots of raises in the first year, can negotiate pay… Cons: less pay if you decided to advance into management then if entering as an outsider, no more then 20 hours a week, do five different… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!