There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Constantly bullied and management ignores everything.

Former Employee - Hostess in Macon, GA
Former Employee - Hostess in Macon, GA

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers would work with you if you needed help. Some guests were fun to talk with. When work was steady, time would fly. If you wanted a raise, it was fairly simple to receive one because all you had to do was take a test online.

Cons

Schedule was hardly ever right. I'd be called in early to work and stay late or called to not come in at all because business was so slow, or either be cut early and end up working 2 hours. Managers did not look at the "time off" book when making schedules and I rarely got any vacation when requested. Often I was made to bus tables, and get drinks for guests, even though I was only a hostess. I did not receive the pay that a bus boy did nor did I receive tip sharing. Several times a shift waitresses would claim I skipped their section on purpose and tell management I wasn't doing my job correctly. Some guests would request 4 chairs even if it was only 2 guests. I was called racists by a guest once when I took the guests in front of the podium to their seat instead of him, whom was standing to the left of me and the other guests. The location was horrible; my car was broken into suspectedly an employee. When shift change came, whoever was working hostess before me would not complete their tasks but were allowed to leave, leaving me with double the amount of work to do. Issues like this were never addressed by management of any kind.

Advice to Management

Focus on schedule regulating. It was not fun working to 11pm one night and being expected to be back at work at 8 in the morning. Sit down with employees when co-workers can not get along and try to find a solution. Hide the camera video somewhere employees can't see the tapes. This led to my car being broken into.

reviews filtered by
  1. It was okay at first but got really boring and did not like the way cashiers were treated by managers.

Current Employee - Cashier in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It was easy
    -you could use a discount
    -got to eat the food
    -friendly customers

Cons

-bad scheduling, conflicts and write ups
    -mean managers
    -opening hours

Great coworkers,horrible management

Current Employee - Server in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Server in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome group of people to work with
    Daily cash on hand for servers
    very flexible schedule
    Easy to learn menu

Cons

In store management horrible with 1 or 2 exceptions
    paychecks are little to nothing
    Corporate has no idea of what's really going on in stores
    mistreatment all around from managers from in store to corporate
    Benefits are a joke
    If you average exactly 40 hours and up you will keep your benefits but if they drop for a short time then you lose them

Advice to Management

Don't cuss at your employees
    Ask your employees for feedback rather than just your store manager who will lie to make himself look to be a better leader
    actually pay your servers. Servers are NOT contractors. Without servers you wouldn't have a business. Everyone else gets paid. PAY your servers!!!!!