There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Tips can be really good. or really bad.

Current Employee - Server  in  West Valley City, UT
Current Employee - Server in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

No tip sharing. Always have cash.

Cons

Place is ran horribly. They only way you'll know you're out of a certain item is if you get screamed at...if you happen to be in the kitchen. Management treats you horribly. They will never send you home no matter how sick you are. Schedules you shifts you tell them you can't work. NEVER out on the time they schedule you at. Sidework and silverware can take up to an hour. Basically you get treated exactly like you get paid. you're a 2.12/hr employee and that is the way they treat you. Like cheap labor.

Treat employees better. Let us leave at the time we're scheduled.

499 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

It's like a love-hate relationship!

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server  in  Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really Good money to be made during the months of November-January
    If you need to pick up extra days for extra money, you can
    Some good managers out there
    Cracker Barrel can get busy, so they keep you moving, day goes by faster, the more busy they are
    Good benefits if your a Par 4... also like the whole Par system
    Good job for someone coming out of high school

Cons

Some guest can be rude, you have to ignore it
    Some guest may not tip, you have to ignore it
    you may be scheduled until 3pm, but won't be leaving at 3pm, it varies. so no exact time you will leave for the day, or night
    the money you make varies, never know how much you can or can not make for a week
    walking, walking, and more walking
    any resturant work is not easy
    not a good job/career for long term
    I would recommend this job to a friend, but would tell them not to stay too long, this job can get frustrating at times, and you are very tired after a long day at the Barrel

Be more respectful, we may not make as much money as you, but we are still equal, treat us all with respect, we are all human and everyone makes mistakes. put your self in our shoes, treat others the way you would like to be treated! the guest are not ALWAYS right, their are some dis-honest people out there. please stop with the yelling, we are not children, and even with that said, no person, or children like to be, or deserve to be yelled at! we need to hear that we are doing a great job, more positive feedback! We as servers feel some of the managers treat us as we are never good enough! Its always, servers do this, servers do that, servers don't do this, servers do more, servers, servers, servers!! I will admit there are some managers that help out when you ask them, and I am thankful for each and every one of them that help, and not just stand back and yell at us!

This is not a fast food place!

Former Employee - Am Restaurant Server  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the servers are nice, some management can be nice. 50% off of food during your shift.

Cons

Managers yell at the servers. Orders are treated like a fast food establishment with regards to the food getting out, but the customers treat it like a normal sit down place so they will take their time. Teamwork is forced down your throat to the point where they demand you help someone else...and your tables suffer, meaning lousy tip. Tips average about $3 a table and the only way to
    make any decent amount is to turn those tables as fast as you can. You're constantly on your feet running back and forth, and you constantly get sat while you're off doing something for someone else and then the managers yell at you for not greeting the new table(which you had no idea you had) in 30 sec or less. The Micros setup in convoluted and not logically set up, so it takes forever to get the order in, not to mention you are supposed to memorize the entirety of two full menus in a very short period of time.

Heaven forbid you run back to the break room for a quick drink, that slacking!! Also, with the amount of sidework and silverware rolling you have to do after your shift...plan on being there at least an hour after your shift. And the amount of people you have to check out with before you can leave makes it feel like you're being released from prison.

They will also schedule so many servers you'll be lucky to get 15 hrs a week..less if you're not a butt kissing favorite of the scheduling manager.

Love the food, but don't work there if you can help it!

Treat you employees like people, not expendable items. Lose the bonus for managers and let sales look after themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!