Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
  www.crackerbarrel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

It's like a love-hate relationship!

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Lebanon, TN
Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really Good money to be made during the months of November-January
If you need to pick up extra days for extra money, you can
Some good managers out there
Cracker Barrel can get busy, so they keep you moving, day goes by faster, the more busy they are
Good benefits if your a Par 4... also like the whole Par system
Good job for someone coming out of high school

Cons

Some guest can be rude, you have to ignore it
Some guest may not tip, you have to ignore it
you may be scheduled until 3pm, but won't be leaving at 3pm, it varies. so no exact time you will leave for the day, or night
the money you make varies, never know how much you can or can not make for a week
walking, walking, and more walking
any resturant work is not easy
not a good job/career for long term
I would recommend this job to a friend, but would tell them not to stay too long, this job can get frustrating at times, and you are very tired after a long day at the Barrel

Be more respectful, we may not make as much money as you, but we are still equal, treat us all with respect, we are all human and everyone makes mistakes. put your self in our shoes, treat others the way you would like to be treated! the guest are not ALWAYS right, their are some dis-honest people out there. please stop with the yelling, we are not children, and even with that said, no person, or children like to be, or deserve to be yelled at! we need to hear that we are doing a great job, more positive feedback! We as servers feel some of the managers treat us as we are never good enough! Its always, servers do this, servers do that, servers don't do this, servers do more, servers, servers, servers!! I will admit there are some managers that help out when you ask them, and I am thankful for each and every one of them that help, and not just stand back and yell at us!

554 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Made some great friends, but a not a fun environment to work in.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Offers benefits for full time employees. Advancement is very possible.

Cons

Horrible pay and a lot of work which doesn't support the pay.

Unorganized management, don't give you hours, crap pay, Belleville Michigan

Current Employee - Retail, Hostess in Belleville, MI
    Current Employee - Retail, Hostess in Belleville, MI

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discount on food and in the store, nice coworkers. Sell original stuff in the store you can't find anywhere else. Close to my house don't use much gas to get to work.

Cons

I've been employed since Sept. I haven't gotten more then 15 hrs a week. They hire way too many people and don't have enough hours for them to work. They are always behind on giving out the Par tests. You have to keep reminding management for everything. I'll call to talk to a manager, they say they'll call me back and I NEVER get a call back. I got this job for the benefits, I'm almost at my 90 days and you must work at least 24 hrs a week otherwise you pay the difference for the benefits. I highly doubt I'll get 24 hrs a week so I won't be able to afford the benefits. I was mislead during interview & orientation. They said I could get my 25-30 hrs I requested to work. I should've listened to the other employees when I started. They told me to RUN and that management lies.. How can someone live off of less then $8 an hour with 10-15 hrs a week!!?? Quit hiring all these low life's and give the employees willing to work a bunch of hours a chance to work! They have a huge turn over, so why waste their time on new hires, when they'll just quit anyway. I want more hours!

Let your good employees get more hours!

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel