Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

It's like a love-hate relationship!

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Lebanon, TN
Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really Good money to be made during the months of November-January
If you need to pick up extra days for extra money, you can
Some good managers out there
Cracker Barrel can get busy, so they keep you moving, day goes by faster, the more busy they are
Good benefits if your a Par 4... also like the whole Par system
Good job for someone coming out of high school

Cons

Some guest can be rude, you have to ignore it
Some guest may not tip, you have to ignore it
you may be scheduled until 3pm, but won't be leaving at 3pm, it varies. so no exact time you will leave for the day, or night
the money you make varies, never know how much you can or can not make for a week
walking, walking, and more walking
any resturant work is not easy
not a good job/career for long term
I would recommend this job to a friend, but would tell them not to stay too long, this job can get frustrating at times, and you are very tired after a long day at the Barrel

Be more respectful, we may not make as much money as you, but we are still equal, treat us all with respect, we are all human and everyone makes mistakes. put your self in our shoes, treat others the way you would like to be treated! the guest are not ALWAYS right, their are some dis-honest people out there. please stop with the yelling, we are not children, and even with that said, no person, or children like to be, or deserve to be yelled at! we need to hear that we are doing a great job, more positive feedback! We as servers feel some of the managers treat us as we are never good enough! Its always, servers do this, servers do that, servers don't do this, servers do more, servers, servers, servers!! I will admit there are some managers that help out when you ask them, and I am thankful for each and every one of them that help, and not just stand back and yell at us!

614 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Good!!

Current Employee - Server in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cracker Barrel is a good company to work for. In my opinion, it is one of the few restaurants in which you really make good tips...

Cons

The atmosphere is really not as diverse as I would like... I wish the company would make a note to become more marketable to more ethnicity groups.

Gift Shop

Former Employee - Gift Shop Sales in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Gift Shop Sales in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meeting people from all over the world. What awesome people come into Cracker Barrel!

Cons

Based on what the company once was, and how it was run, Cracker Barrel now is not a friendly nor welcoming place to work. It is a place where the staff is required to sell so many items per shift, and make so much $$$ per shift. If the staff doesn't make these quotas, you are written up and or your oh so few weekly hours are cut even more. And what do you get for all of this pressure and stress, a minimum wage and other staff who back stab you for even trying to do well. I would love to say that Cracker Barrel has even remotely an ounce of caring for it's employees, but this is far from the truth, And actually, they get some wonderful people to work for them, but alas they do not stay as there is absolutely no future or enjoyment working for this company. This is definitly not a job for a beginner or a oldster, and sadly, if it keeps going like it is, I don't see a future for this company.

There is nothing to say because it is corporate that dictates what the management imposes onto the staff. Tha management is greatly stessed as well. This company is not employment friendly!

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel