There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

allright place to work

Current Employee - Grill Cook in Pooler, GA
Current Employee - Grill Cook in Pooler, GA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

they are very flexible with the schedule, the pay is decent, and can easily tranfer to other stores around the country

Cons

hours can really fluctuate during the year, they hire too many employees during the off season, if your trying to move into management it is very time consuming

incentives for making goal hours, food costs, etc. And holiday pay for working Thanksgiving would be appreciated

reviews filtered by
  1. Good!!

Current Employee - Server in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cracker Barrel is a good company to work for. In my opinion, it is one of the few restaurants in which you really make good tips...

Cons

The atmosphere is really not as diverse as I would like... I wish the company would make a note to become more marketable to more ethnicity groups.

Gift Shop

Former Employee - Gift Shop Sales in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Gift Shop Sales in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meeting people from all over the world. What awesome people come into Cracker Barrel!

Cons

Based on what the company once was, and how it was run, Cracker Barrel now is not a friendly nor welcoming place to work. It is a place where the staff is required to sell so many items per shift, and make so much $$$ per shift. If the staff doesn't make these quotas, you are written up and or your oh so few weekly hours are cut even more. And what do you get for all of this pressure and stress, a minimum wage and other staff who back stab you for even trying to do well. I would love to say that Cracker Barrel has even remotely an ounce of caring for it's employees, but this is far from the truth, And actually, they get some wonderful people to work for them, but alas they do not stay as there is absolutely no future or enjoyment working for this company. This is definitly not a job for a beginner or a oldster, and sadly, if it keeps going like it is, I don't see a future for this company.

There is nothing to say because it is corporate that dictates what the management imposes onto the staff. Tha management is greatly stessed as well. This company is not employment friendly!

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel