Cracker Barrel
www.crackerbarrel.com Lebanon, TN 5000+ Employees

worst restaurant job I've had in 30 years

Am Restaurant Server (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsNone that I can think of....

Cons-poor customer service: "one stop shop" means you give your order the minute you hit your chair, you get slapped with your bill when your food comes, and we are NOT to engage you in conversation, because they want you OUT of there in 29 minutes, so they can fill the table again
-how do YOU feel, as the "guest" about unused butters, jellies, honey, creamers being used over & over again, even if they fell on the floor??
-you rarely see your original server, because we have to run food to someone else's table, and we can't get back to you
-filthy flatware, dishes, glasses, coffee cups...they don't take the time to clean/drain the dishwashers...I've found muffins inside of coffee cups that are supposed to be clean...
-tips are average of $1 per person
-looking for a REAL job, they're just hard to find, but embarassed to be serving here -this isn't customer service, this is salmonella waiting to happen...

Advice to Senior Managementput your money where your mouth is, and start treating your "guests" AND your employees the way you claim you do in your employee manual....

Good job for part time

Hostess (Former Employee)
    Huntsville, AL

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros: good job for part time Cons: busy and felt overlooked by management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

allright place to work

Grill Cook (Current Employee)
    Pooler, GA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: they are very flexible with the schedule, the pay is… Cons: hours can really fluctuate during the year, they hire too many employees during the… Advice to Senior Management: incentives for making goal hours, food costs, etc. And… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cracker Barrel CEO Sandra B. Cochran . All reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees.