Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
  www.crackerbarrel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

it was pretty good until about year ago. now i dreed going to work.

Former Employee - Server/Maintenance/Back Cook in Franklin, KY
Former Employee - Server/Maintenance/Back Cook in Franklin, KY

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

uhmm.. ive meet alot of good poeple.

Cons

just like being a server at any other resturant, you have your good days and your bad ones.when somethings wrong with the costumers/guest its always the server fault..regardless. mangers look down on you and talk and act like their better then you.hostile environment. and u can forget over time.even at making 2 dallors an hr.

do not let former co-workers come back to the same store as a manger,and quit showing favoritism.to younger girls.and learn to talk to your employee in ways other then a hateful manner, and more training.i could go on and on. And woory about your employees rather then GOAL HOURS.

574 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

worst restaurant job I've had in 30 years

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of....

Cons

-poor customer service: "one stop shop" means you give your order the minute you hit your chair, you get slapped with your bill when your food comes, and we are NOT to engage you in conversation, because they want you OUT of there in 29 minutes, so they can fill the table again
    -how do YOU feel, as the "guest" about unused butters, jellies, honey, creamers being used over & over again, even if they fell on the floor??
    -you rarely see your original server, because we have to run food to someone else's table, and we can't get back to you
    -filthy flatware, dishes, glasses, coffee cups...they don't take the time to clean/drain the dishwashers...I've found muffins inside of coffee cups that are supposed to be clean...
    -tips are average of $1 per person
    -looking for a REAL job, they're just hard to find, but embarassed to be serving here -this isn't customer service, this is salmonella waiting to happen...

put your money where your mouth is, and start treating your "guests" AND your employees the way you claim you do in your employee manual....

Too Good to be True

Current Employee - Dishwasher/Busboy in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Dishwasher/Busboy in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits IF full-time
    good pay
    not that many pros mostly cons

Cons

worked for over 1 month & was never given full time hours; even though I asked for them constantly
    no break times allowed if over 18
    was told in interview that there would always be at least 4 dishwashers during every shift - never happened

compare notes with other managers before yelling at staff for doing what another manager asked them to do

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel