There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

good job with good people

Former Employee - Server in Topeka, KS
Former Employee - Server in Topeka, KS

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people ok money and fun times

Cons

lots of time on your feet

Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Differs from store to store.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the Clemmons NC Store, I acquired great professional customer service skills. The management there was like a family. Coworkers and Management cared about others within the store, about schedules and such. I even had their support when customers were rude to me. It is company policy to do so, and they followed it to the tee. They even let me pick which holiday I wanted off during the holiday season. They were also extremely clean in the kitchen. Every inch had to be scrubbed every day.

Cons

At another store in NC, the management was angry and unpleasant. They were rude and hard to work for. The coworkers were sweet, but stressed. We weren't given any holidays off at all, everyone had to show up for each holiday. Ultimately, this particular store didn't follow company policy.

Advice to Management

Improve regional management. Why is one store so different than another? It shouldn't be a question of management if that particular store isn't even following the company goals and policies.

2. I worked as a server part time for 8 months

Former Employee - Server in Berea, KY
    Former Employee - Server in Berea, KY

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people were happy to be there -Management was flexible with scheduling and supportive of staff -Fast paced environment -Helpful training -Good tips during weekends

Cons

-Long hours can get slow and boring -Only one employee priced meal per day -You can't take home leftovers -Store is too expensive

Advice to Management

Don't let the back staff tell dirty jokes! It taints the fun, family environment for us servers when we go out.