There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

If you like fast paced structure you will excel

Current Employee - PAR III Server  in  Stuart, FL
Current Employee - PAR III Server in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love how much they care and focus on the guests. they are not customers, they are guests. They help you better yourself with evaluations, and they give you a lot of training. it is also very fast paced so your tables turn quickly.

Cons

There is always a lot of people working at one time, so working space is small and you are constantly moving. You also have to show your managers how good you are before they will give you lots of tables, which usually takes a month. There are also a lot of rules and structure. I personally excel in that environment, because you know exactly what to do and how to do it.

My advice to management is to talk to your employees and get involved, that way they feel more connected to the company, resulting in lower turnover, and so they feel comfortable talking to you.

498 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

This company is not worth working for.

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Based upon my observations, and the work required versus the pay, there no pros to this company.

Cons

Long hours, poor quality of life. Executives like Doug are out of touch. RM's like Walter make promises they don't keep, even when you are a succeeding repeatedly. If your pay get to high, they find a way to let you go and then can't explain it in court. Wouldn't let me take vacation, but refused to pay me for it.

Poorly run company. I wasn't impressed. I worked for them for 6 years and saved to their bottom line money every year. I was let go but no one could explain it to me from Cracker
    Barrel. Even at the court hearing, the court officer couldn't understand Cracker Barrel's explanation for letting me go. Amazing. When I talked to some of some former regulars at a krogers and a target, both parties had informed me how the service, the quality of food had gone downhill.

Life at the Bottom of the Barrel

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good pay ($13-$15 per hour on a good day if you're a server)

- Love most of the people I work with

- food before or after shift at 1/2 price

Cons

- Poor scheduling.. very lucky to pull 15 hours a week. When people who have been working for your company for 18 years get a hours cut, there's an issue.

- When you do work, it'll more than likely be a long shift (from 8am to 6pm) or a really short shift that's crappy times anyway (noon to 3... for about an hour you'll be busy, then nothing)

- People within the company steal your tips off the tables. Then when you let management know they "can't do anything" even if you know who it was.

- Very few (only 2) of the managers at my location are tolerable. And the one some people don't like anyways, but it doesn't matter when your GM doesn't let them do the job themselves.

- GM's feel like they have power over everything. Including that they will take your phone out of your hands if they feel like it.

- very little respect from some managers

Listen to your employees at the bottom of the Barrel.. yes we're your employees you don't work for us, but usually when we ALL complain about the same thing, there's a reason. Don't just ignore us: that's just insulting and doesn't help the fact that we're losing sales as it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!