Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com

If you like fast paced structure you will excel

Current Employee - PAR III Server  in  Stuart, FL
Current Employee - PAR III Server in Stuart, FL

Pros

I love how much they care and focus on the guests. they are not customers, they are guests. They help you better yourself with evaluations, and they give you a lot of training. it is also very fast paced so your tables turn quickly.

Cons

There is always a lot of people working at one time, so working space is small and you are constantly moving. You also have to show your managers how good you are before they will give you lots of tables, which usually takes a month. There are also a lot of rules and structure. I personally excel in that environment, because you know exactly what to do and how to do it.

My advice to management is to talk to your employees and get involved, that way they feel more connected to the company, resulting in lower turnover, and so they feel comfortable talking to you.

Other reviews for Cracker Barrel

This company is not worth working for.

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

Based upon my observations, and the work required versus the pay, there no pros to this company.

Cons

Long hours, poor quality of life. Executives like Doug are out of touch. RM's like Walter make promises they don't keep, even when you are a succeeding repeatedly. If your pay get to high, they find a way to let you go and then can't explain it in court. Wouldn't let me take vacation, but refused to pay me for it.

Poorly run company. I wasn't impressed. I worked for them for 6 years and saved to their bottom line money every year. I was let go but no one could explain it to me from Cracker
    Barrel. Even at the court hearing, the court officer couldn't understand Cracker Barrel's explanation for letting me go. Amazing. When I talked to some of some former regulars at a krogers and a target, both parties had informed me how the service, the quality of food had gone downhill.

Challenging

Current Employee - Retail Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Manager

Pros

Great Guests (customers), Never a dull moment always lots to do, Variety of product.

Cons

Long Hours, No other management in retail to assist with workload, Challenging payroll vs task and floor coverage

Help us have it all by providing us realistic payroll to accomplish the excellent service our guests deserve and complete tasks effectively and to directive so that the message of guest first is not shadowed by tasks and payroll issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!