Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

It was great at first for a first time job but I quickly saw through the BS

Former Employee - Retail in Fairburn, GA
Former Employee - Retail in Fairburn, GA

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule IF you don't put Any Availability like I did...that was a mistake
Half off meals every shift, Discounted meals any other times
Fun, nostalgic environment
Easy to get certain days off for important things
Ability to move up a PAR in a quick time manner
Awesome coworkers
Some great regulars

Cons

Rude guests
Chaos during peak hours and Sundays
Hours, Short shifts
Wasn't able to get full time AT ALL except management
Added work that was unexpected but expected to complete within 4 hours plus dealing with guests, stocking, cleaning, and helping cashiers and restaurant side
Having to seat guests when stupid managers let the hostess leave at 9 instead of 10pm and then having managers look at me like I was supposed to seat them when I clearly had guests in the Retail store
Pay for the work
Getting used by the manager because she knew I was her hardest worker.

Give your hardest working employees FULLTIME and fire the lazy ones! Also give the employees what they are worth and quit being cheap!!

616 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Challenging

Current Employee - Retail Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Manager

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Guests (customers), Never a dull moment always lots to do, Variety of product.

Cons

Long Hours, No other management in retail to assist with workload, Challenging payroll vs task and floor coverage

Help us have it all by providing us realistic payroll to accomplish the excellent service our guests deserve and complete tasks effectively and to directive so that the message of guest first is not shadowed by tasks and payroll issues.

Life at the Bottom of the Barrel

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Good pay ($13-$15 per hour on a good day if you're a server)

- Love most of the people I work with

- food before or after shift at 1/2 price

Cons

- Poor scheduling.. very lucky to pull 15 hours a week. When people who have been working for your company for 18 years get a hours cut, there's an issue.

- When you do work, it'll more than likely be a long shift (from 8am to 6pm) or a really short shift that's crappy times anyway (noon to 3... for about an hour you'll be busy, then nothing)

- People within the company steal your tips off the tables. Then when you let management know they "can't do anything" even if you know who it was.

- Very few (only 2) of the managers at my location are tolerable. And the one some people don't like anyways, but it doesn't matter when your GM doesn't let them do the job themselves.

- GM's feel like they have power over everything. Including that they will take your phone out of your hands if they feel like it.

- very little respect from some managers

Listen to your employees at the bottom of the Barrel.. yes we're your employees you don't work for us, but usually when we ALL complain about the same thing, there's a reason. Don't just ignore us: that's just insulting and doesn't help the fact that we're losing sales as it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel