There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

It was great at first for a first time job but I quickly saw through the BS

Former Employee - Retail in Fairburn, GA
Former Employee - Retail in Fairburn, GA

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule IF you don't put Any Availability like I did...that was a mistake Half off meals every shift, Discounted meals any other times Fun, nostalgic environment Easy to get certain days off for important things Ability to move up a PAR in a quick time manner Awesome coworkers Some great regulars

Cons

Rude guests Chaos during peak hours and Sundays Hours, Short shifts Wasn't able to get full time AT ALL except management Added work that was unexpected but expected to complete within 4 hours plus dealing with guests, stocking, cleaning, and helping cashiers and restaurant side Having to seat guests when stupid managers let the hostess leave at 9 instead of 10pm and then having managers look at me like I was supposed to seat them when I clearly had guests in the Retail store Pay for the work Getting used by the manager because she knew I was her hardest worker.

Advice to Management

Give your hardest working employees FULLTIME and fire the lazy ones! Also give the employees what they are worth and quit being cheap!!

Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel

1. This company is not worth working for.

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Based upon my observations, and the work required versus the pay, there no pros to this company.

Cons

Long hours, poor quality of life. Executives like Doug are out of touch. RM's like Walter make promises they don't keep, even when you are a succeeding repeatedly. If your pay get to high, they find a way to let you go and then can't explain it in court. Wouldn't let me take vacation, but refused to pay me for it.

Advice to Management

Poorly run company. I wasn't impressed. I worked for them for 6 years and saved to their bottom line money every year. I was let go but no one could explain it to me from Cracker Barrel. Even at the court hearing, the court officer couldn't understand Cracker Barrel's explanation for letting me go. Amazing. When I talked to some of some former regulars at a krogers and a target, both parties had informed me how the service, the quality of food had gone downhill.

Challenging

Current Employee - Retail Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Manager

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Guests (customers), Never a dull moment always lots to do, Variety of product.

Cons

Long Hours, No other management in retail to assist with workload, Challenging payroll vs task and floor coverage

Advice to Management

Help us have it all by providing us realistic payroll to accomplish the excellent service our guests deserve and complete tasks effectively and to directive so that the message of guest first is not shadowed by tasks and payroll issues.