Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
  www.crackerbarrel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Hard work but you can make a decent amount of money if you are a multitasker and people person.

Former Employee - Server Trainer in Cape Girardeau, MO
Former Employee - Server Trainer in Cape Girardeau, MO

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My coworkers were really friendly and overall management was very flexible with my schedule.

Cons

On slow days you didn't make much

Tell your staff you appreciate them and be sincere about it.

574 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

A great first job, with a good atmosphere.

Current Employee - Par IV Server in Somerset, KY
    Current Employee - Par IV Server in Somerset, KY

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a server, you can always go in to pick up extra shifts as long as you don't exceed 40 hours per week. At the store I'm with, we truly are like a family, which makes it easier getting through those long shifts. You make some awesome friends, and this company is very awesome about promotion within.

Cons

Standard cons for working in the service industry. Generally speaking, society determines your paycheck. You work long hours, and a lot of the time aren't off work at your scheduled out time (but that sort of goes without saying).

"People pleasing" isn't only about the guests we serve, its also about the employees with the company.

Started off good, then turned horrible

Current Employee - Hostess in Grove City, OH
    Current Employee - Hostess in Grove City, OH

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ONLY good thing about working here was getting paid every week. You dealt with a lot of unneeeded things to get the pay check

Cons

hmm.. where to start:
    The managers babied the servers and they got away with things nobody else would. The managers would always jump on everyone elses' back but when it came time to certain servers like the ones that have been there for a few years they got everything. I would always see the servers treat the host/hostess that was working like crap. they always were down there back about who was getting the next table or lie and say they've only been sat 2 times when their whole section was just full. The managers did nothing about it. They have this "open door policy" which is complete crap because anytime I tried to talk to them about stuff they acted like little drama queens coming out of the office with attitudes. If you have to call off regardless of if its an emergency or not, the next week you will get "penalized" and get very minimum hours. You get ZERO breaks regardless if you work 2 hours or 10. I WILL BE VERY HAPPY once I quit this place. I'm ONLY working here because I need the money while in school which is quite shitty anyways. I've been looking for a new job since the day I started here

quit choosing favorites and quit all about drama. yo'ure management, grow up

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel