Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

easy job with decent pay

I worked at Cracker Barrel

Pros

-management was very nice and helpful
-easy to move up in the company
-easy job

Cons

-working on Sundays
-stressful at times

640 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Tons of opportunity for advancement and monetary gain. Corporate environment treats you like a kindergarten felon.

Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of quality training or yourself, managers and staff. Good quality product you can be very proud to sell, professional customer base, excellent compensation in the right unit.

Cons

Micromanaged to the extreme, I worked here for 8 years and after I left I didn't know how to act independently. They will make you into a brainwashed drone if you are not careful. Very long hours to be successful in a high volume unit (29 days a month 12 hours a day, which they will say they don't want you to do but you better or else.) Employees and guests are treated with kid gloves to the point of creating a devilish entitlement ethos while management is treated like chopped liver. You will be under constant threat of termination while a gm with this company and at the same time they will convince you over and over that there are no other jobs to go to and your family will suffer if you leave. I achieved General Manager of the year for 2 consecutive years and during that time I was threatened and written up repeatedly. Very negative yet smile in your face corporate environment. To sum it up, always read between the fine print and look for the hidden meaning in anything from the top. After this paragraph I probably sound incredibly paranoid, all I can say is spend 8 years with cracker barrel and you will understand.

There isn't enough time spent with the customers on the restaurant side.

Current Employee - Hostess in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Hostess in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can move up Quickly. The management that trained me was very sweet.

Cons

Being a Hostess with a heart for knowing and caring about people, I see that they are moved through too fast. Not enough time spent with them, just moving them on through at a fast rate. I am not happy as a Hostess and am over whelmed. They know this and said that when they see people over whelmed, that they quit. The pay is low and when I stated that I don't how much I will make, they say we will get to that. A week of training and I had to find out how much I am making on this site.

If you see an employee that is not in the right position, please put them where they will be happy. Happy employee's make happy customers. I am a people pleaser but not when I am stressed. I can not be there for them as I truly want to be if I am not myself.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel