There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Good Company

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Plainfield, IN
Current Employee - Hostess in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty simple job with decent enough pay

Cons

small checks from customers lead to small tips

499 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Great place to work! Very flexible...

Current Employee - Server/Skill Trainer
    Current Employee - Server/Skill Trainer

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time

Pros

They work around your availability because there are soooo many employees to cover shifts.

Cons

If you are looking for a full time gig, this isn't it! A lot of employees means little shifts and only a couple of them a week! Good luck!

Hostess

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed the people that came in, I also enjoyed the retail manager as well as two of the managers that worked with me. I was a part time employee and a student at the time. Two of them were willing to understand my studies came first.

Cons

The management for where I was at was just insane. Three other managers were always covering and trying to make things work while one was just being a jerk. I was never given the amount of time I needed to handle my work and schedules were always thrown on me. When I'd run down because of school and work and get sick, they'd wonder what was wrong. I had told them I had specific hours- and they lost my hours. So when I input them again, they ignored them. All in all be careful...

In the Central Park area, Keith, Scott, Tracie and Michelle were wonderful. They are wonderful people to work with. But sadly my husband will never allow me to work at a retail area again due to the complications and problems other staff members caused- and were not reprimanded for. As a hostess my job was to take people to tables and clean, I wound up doing everyone's job. In fact all the hostesses wind up doing that. Even the 5 stars.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!