CradlePoint
www.cradlepoint.com Boise, ID 50 to 149 Employees

Overall good company to work for, but moving to fast and leaving employees to fend for themselves

Engineer (Current Employee)
Boise, ID

I have been working at CradlePoint

ProsStartup Atmosphere
Extremely Casual Work Environment, shorts, jeans, and flipflops common
Easy Access to Management
Possibilities of rapid growth and advancement
Close knit atmosphere within teams.
Good access to new technology and involvement in a new emerging market

ConsStartup Atmosphere
Management overreaches on their analysis of new markets and market segments, leading to poor company performance.
Overly competitive between teams
Elitist attitude among engineers within the organization, if you aren't an engineer, you are generally seen as nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to communicate much better with the organization on a regular basis. Don't wait till 2 days after a quarter ends to inform the entire organization that you just randomly came up with a plan to cut salaries based on events that just happened. The entire company knows that you've known about our performance issues financially for quite some time, yet the hiring spree continued and now we all suffer.
Keep up the casual atmosphere but tighten the belts a little bit. Employees would much rather deal with one less bbq or coffee talk per month then having to take 5 and 10% pay cuts.
Overall its a strong company and an industry leader in its segment, but its time to play with the big boys and realize that either this company is going to make it big, or its going to burn out quick.

Fantastic

I have been working at CradlePoint full-time

Pros: Great people to work with, company vision was fantastic, atmosphere… Cons: Lower pay, hard to go from part time to full… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for

I have been working at CradlePoint

Pros: Lots of really smart people to work with who care about innovation and quality. Everybody is pulling in the same direction with a big market… Cons: We are growing very fast which makes it hard to keep all the bases covered all the time. Could… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing. Keep hiring good people.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CradlePoint.

Worked for CradlePoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CradlePoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CradlePoint CEO George Mulhern. All reviews posted anonymously by CradlePoint employees.