Crane Aerospace & Electronics

www.craneae.com
There are newer employer reviews for Crane Aerospace & Electronics

This is one of the most enjoyable and comfortable positions and companies I have worked for.

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Lynnwood, WA
Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Crane Aerospace & Electronics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They care about their employees over all and treat them with monthly treats. Flexibility to move around to other positions is good. The management at the lower level is more understanding of mistakes. They want to get to the root of the problem rather than crucify the employee. This is a non union shop and there is no desire of most of the employees of ever considering union introduction.

Cons

Current trends in management may be more restrictive in many freedoms that employees used to have. However, there was some time to much laxity on the floor, so some tightening was necessary, but this can go a little too far. The pay increase rate is not as high as other companies during this good time. They are very successful in stock holders increased revenue but they do not share that growth with the employees.

When there is a very good year, like last year, management should share some of that plenty with at least their "good" employees. If they can't do that, there better be a good explanation why not. Even their normal employees should see some increase in pay. This last year there was no increases. That is not good practice. Crane loses their talent to Boeing all the time.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Crane Aerospace & Electronics (View Most Recent)

Crane Redmond - A great place to be FROM

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Crane Aerospace & Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

9/80 shift. However, the fact that almost everyone agrees this is a good thing will probably mean it will be taken away.

Cons

It was eye-opening to scan these review and see that so many of the problems at Redmond are occurring at every location, especially quality problems and Engineering turnover and morale issues. Reviews from FWB and Merrimack are identical to Chandler and Lynnwood. Specifically at Redmond:
    * Every department is overworked/underpaid. The brain drain from people leaving has had a tremendous negative impact, extremely difficult to get anything done. Morale is terrible. HR is a joke.
    *Pay raises are either nothing or limited to 2% which is less than increases in employee contributions to medical/dental. Crane recently cut longevity rewards to next to nothing, which is in line with Corporate's attitudes towards employee retention and how they value employees in general, which is not at all. No value is placed on loyalty, job knowledge, tribal knowledge, or historical knowledge of customers or products.
    *Mid-management is so overworked and stressed, they spend most of their time trying to keep their heads above water and writing reports no one will read - and keeping their job - so development or feedback for their people is non-existent.
    And, along with everyone else, seriously, if I see that ridiculous, hypocritical RA Crane slide one more time I'll scream.

Bob Tavares is completely worthless but manages to make everyone's life hell by jumping into stuff he SHOULD know but doesn't - and ignoring the issues that are killing the company. All he seems to care about is décor. Really, Bob, my plant sticking up above the height of my cube wall is THE issue you need to resolve today?
    Return our names to real names - the ones customers actually recognize. We spend hours every week re-directing engineers and customers - and even other Crane employees - to the correct site.
    No upward flow of ideas - no one with a brain trusts the "anonymous" board we're supposed to be able to write on.
    Crane is a perfect example of what is wrong with business in America. Crane is the same as Bain Capital - purely in it for the money. Why they keep buying great engineering companies and then gutting the quality and engineering departments that made us great is beyond me.

If you've ever wanted to be in the Circus, here is your chance.....

I worked at Crane Aerospace & Electronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of the people (management).....

Cons

Senior Management, including those in Redmond, make commitments to the customers and tell them they are all equally important..... this is not the case.... the company reacts to those who yell the loudest..... There is no Human in the HR department..... Mid-level Management turnover is quite high....

Have fun and good luck..... i hope you fail miserably....

There are newer employer reviews for Crane Aerospace & Electronics