Crane Co.

www.craneco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Crane Co.

Great employees...Poor management

I worked at Crane Co.

Pros

Good salary and benefits, Great co-workers who are always ready and willing to help one another. Great products.

Cons

Still an "Old Boys Club" even though management tries to deny it. Management can be disrespectful and lack management skills. No Work/Life balance. No chance of advancement. Stressful, authoritative structure. Too many managers not enough workers. Most employees are dissatisfied and waiting for the opportunity to leave when the economy improves.

Listen to employees. Set realistic goals. Show some respect.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Crane Co. (View Most Recent)

Was great while it lasted

I have been working at Crane Co.

Pros

nice company, good people, beautiful products

Cons

laid off along with many others

Old boys network where traditional mindset prevails but it's getting better.

I worked at Crane Co.

Pros

My manager was stellar. HR does a good job trying to identify and promote good talent but some departments still try to keep their A players for themselves. Top management (ie Fast, Mitchell, duPont, etc.) are second to none; ethical, honest, hardworking, and have the company's best interests at heart. Overall, a great place to work with small pockets of localized bad behavior but you'd find that everywhere. They're doing a great job at ferreting those out and working to resolve the issues.

Cons

Slow moving and slow to embrace anything outside the norm; working from home, telecommuting, etc. Despite much talk of initiatives to promote from within even if a stretch for the candidate, it didn't seem to happen much.

While strides are being made in communication to the field and sharing the wealth during up times while top management tightens the belt during the lean times, management needs to remember that everything they do is watched and scrutinized. The corporate jet is a major pain point in the field and while it may be necessary, we don't feel that Mr. Fast's explanations were sufficient when asked. Many felt like questions surrounding the perq were brushed off. In years when we were charged with cutting costs and every expenditure had to be justified down to the dollar, it seems that cutting out something as costly as the jet would have saved ten fold the costs we were struggling to cut over the course of two years.

There are newer employer reviews for Crane Co.