There are newer employer reviews for Crate & Barrel

Good place to work

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Crate & Barrel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment; Management is in charge but still easy to speak to; nice discount; decent salary

Cons

No cons to speak of; it was a good place to work

Keep up the friendly environment. I found that my seasonal work at Crate to be enjoyable. The work was pretty easy and the fact that the company emphasizes the customer experience so much make sit so that the caliber of the customer is higher. Management is selective about who they hire to work in the stores, even seasonal workers, and therefore the people who work in each store have certain attributes that make them suitable to work there. Overall, I had an excellent experience working at Crate.

301 Other Employee Reviews for Crate & Barrel (View Most Recent)

Great group of people to work with, fun and talented environment

Current Employee - Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Sales Lead

I have been working at Crate & Barrel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great product, people and presentation.

Cons

Growing pains, Old C&B needs to embrace change. Providing the best customer service experience is the ultimate goal..

Pay your employees more, you have an amazing amount of loyalty in the C&B culture. At the end of the day we all work for a paycheck.

Served my purpose at the time.

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Crate & Barrel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly worked well with the family schedule. Crate hires many really decent people from all walks of life. Beautiful store and great customers made for a nice place to spend working hours. Good discount.

Cons

Very cliqueish due to young managers and their aspiring minions. Advancement limited. Inconsistent discipline for both minor and serious infractions. Wasted a lot of time with morning meetings and Sunday meetings. Management acted like they wanted your opinions, but cracked down hard if you gave them. Agree with the Stepford comment previously posted, that was store and regional management in a nutshell. Witnessed many cases in which hard work, good ethics, competency and smarts were overlooked in favor those in the aforementioned clique. Profit sharing sounded good, however, they made sure part timers didn't quite make the hours to achieve the benefit.

Pay attention to the rank and file. Call someone a manager only if they are a true manager. At one point there were approximately 17 "managers" to about 32 total employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Crate & Barrel