There are newer employer reviews for Crate & Barrel

Good place to work

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Crate & Barrel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment; Management is in charge but still easy to speak to; nice discount; decent salary

Cons

No cons to speak of; it was a good place to work

Keep up the friendly environment. I found that my seasonal work at Crate to be enjoyable. The work was pretty easy and the fact that the company emphasizes the customer experience so much make sit so that the caliber of the customer is higher. Management is selective about who they hire to work in the stores, even seasonal workers, and therefore the people who work in each store have certain attributes that make them suitable to work there. Overall, I had an excellent experience working at Crate.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Crate & Barrel (View Most Recent)

Great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Crate & Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product. People are fun to work with.

Cons

Retail hours, open during some holiday

Maintain culture

Why fix something that ain't broke, fine tune it but don't destroy the mission ....

Former Employee - Pt Sales  in  Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Pt Sales in Tigard, OR

I worked at Crate & Barrel part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sales staff and the Supporting role staff are beyond expectations. 13 of us left the Tigard store in May many seasoned professionals reached the level of intolerance being subject to disrespect and threats by the assistant manager.

Cons

current store managers were promoted without serious forethought about building a team and executing the new vision. It's not a trade secret to lead you must set an example, read effective management books, work thru insecurities not act on them, don't get sucked into undermining staff with moles! The leadership within a store is fragmented and willfully oblivious to HR practices and the law. The best sales people do not make the best managers,.

Rotate management, promoting within needs to be at a regional level to avoid bias, Chicago visit the stores

There are newer employer reviews for Crate & Barrel

Worked for Crate & Barrel? Contribute to the Community!