Crate & Barrel
www.crateandbarrel.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Working atCrate & Barrel is ike working in a candy store with a large group of neat people in a really chic environment.

Merchandising Associate (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat products, good people, great discount. Reasonable and friendly management. Good Times!

Cons4 years = $9.71 /hr., snobby customers (that's it, really!)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe stockroom reorganization and merchandise reorganization has taken far too long to implement. There should have been a very clear, concise action to move and reorient the stock room. The design of each store's stockroom move should have been coordinated with the store management first - before one new home was made or label was changed.
As a construction project manager in my primary work I have survived the last year of stockroom changes with my mind intact, but it really took some work. A whole reclassification of the company's inventory and physical changes to the stockroom right before Christmas? That was brave. To not have a fully coordinated system ready before moving from the old system? Brash, I think. Perhaps more intra-organizational planning beforehand.

I do love my job, though, and thank you for it!

Fantastic Retailer (CB2)

Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Crate & Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros: One of the best companies I've ever worked for. Incredible staff, from the stores, and on up. Employee feedback/opinions on product… Cons: I sold a lot for the company as a Sales… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ok

I have been working at Crate & Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits are really good and better than other companies. … Cons: Long hours, unrealistic expectations of employees, pay is not comparable… Advice to Senior Management: Get in touch with reality in regards to your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Crate & Barrel.

Worked for Crate & Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crate & Barrel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crate & Barrel CEO Sascha Bopp. All reviews posted anonymously by Crate & Barrel employees.