Crate and Barrel

www.crateandbarrel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Crate and Barrel

Working atCrate & Barrel is ike working in a candy store with a large group of neat people in a really chic environment.

Current Employee - Merchandising Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Merchandising Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Crate and Barrel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, good people, great discount. Reasonable and friendly management. Good Times!

Cons

4 years = $9.71 /hr., snobby customers (that's it, really!)

The stockroom reorganization and merchandise reorganization has taken far too long to implement. There should have been a very clear, concise action to move and reorient the stock room. The design of each store's stockroom move should have been coordinated with the store management first - before one new home was made or label was changed.
As a construction project manager in my primary work I have survived the last year of stockroom changes with my mind intact, but it really took some work. A whole reclassification of the company's inventory and physical changes to the stockroom right before Christmas? That was brave. To not have a fully coordinated system ready before moving from the old system? Brash, I think. Perhaps more intra-organizational planning beforehand.

I do love my job, though, and thank you for it!

324 Other Employee Reviews for Crate and Barrel (View Most Recent)

USED TO BE GOOD

I have been working at Crate and Barrel full-time

Pros

Air conditioned place to work

Cons

Managers are not fair, they have "cliques" , poor quality product. It used to be good but not anymore .

Listen

The most well run retailer I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Department Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Crate and Barrel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Roles, responsibilities clearly defined. Procedures clear, good training. Well thought out systems. Great product, good people. Always promotes from within.

Cons

Pay a little low, although starting pay for entry level associates very competitive. currently due to reorganization, tough to move up.

Keep an open mind for hiring externally. Although I agree that the stores run well because the managers worked their way up and know how things are done, maybe management trainees would be a good compromise. You lose a lot of great talent with great experience who can't afford or are unwilling to start at the bottom.

There are newer employer reviews for Crate and Barrel