It was great!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Crate and Barrel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I saw opportunities to grow with the company. Everyone was given the chance to continue to learn and grow with the company

Cons

The pay rate wasn't great and even though I was given a small raise and offered a full time position however, the money wasn't sufficient to sustain my life.

reviews filtered by

Since Gordon left its all been down hill

I worked at Crate and Barrel

Pros

Made some good friendships with coworkers. Discount and health benefits. Profit sharing.

Cons

Management across the board. Lazy, rude, apathetic, and power hungry. Looking to get people in trouble to save their own job! It was a very stressful environment for crap pay. Selling furniture for 1% commission is an insult. Get rid of the commission and build a team!!! I tried and was told to stop. Area management is a group of nobody's who just sit around and email. They look for people to fire. For no reason, just so they look like they are doing their job. They have no connection to what goes on in the stores. Clueless!! Do not even know how to ring up a customer!

Advice to Management

Do everyone a favor and do your job!

2. Great place to work at. Nice pay for retail, work with good people. Allows you to have your own personality.

Current Employee - Merchandise Team Member in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Merchandise Team Member in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Crate and Barrel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Even though you do have to work weekends, it is only one weekend day/night. Saturday Nights you are out of there by 8.

Cons

Customers can be rather rude and Corporate CS seems to side with them far too often. Some members of former management played favorites and were not supportive.

Advice to Management

Train seasonals better. Train them to succeed and not set them up for failure.