Crate & Barrel
www.crateandbarrel.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Family oriented years ago under Gordon Siegel.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Crate & Barrel part-time

ProsDiscount and Team and some product.

ConsI have worked here over a lot of years, was full time making a great salary 1800 a month but when my store changed location 7 of us were told our choice was either be severance and leave or received severance, stay and lose benefits. This was due to not needing full time in the position. Lost only a dollar off my hourly could survive still until following year when the rest of the company caught up and everyone drastically lost money. Company lost a lot of employees. Struggling to make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making comments that people who have worked there a long time should not get paid more then someone who is newly hired. When you know it's inappropriate stop trying to convince yourself that it is right.

Used to be a great company.

Management (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Crate & Barrel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The people you work with are great. Customer service is very… Cons: Culture is not the same since Gordon left. No room to advance with the… Advice to Senior Management: Morale is not good. Start talking to the people in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was great!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Crate & Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros: I saw opportunities to grow with the company. Everyone was given… Cons: The pay rate wasn't great and even though I was given a small raise… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Crate & Barrel.

Worked for Crate & Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crate & Barrel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crate & Barrel CEO Sascha Bopp. All reviews posted anonymously by Crate & Barrel employees.