Crate and Barrel

Review for Crate & Barrel

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Crate and Barrel

Pros

They are very flexible working around school schedules or extra activities you may have. There is a good relationship between management and their employees. They have very effective communication between upper management and store level employees with the direction they want the company to go.

Cons

A downfall working at crate & barrel just like any other retail type jobs, people can become a click sometimes favortism happens. Also the company only promotes from within, which can take really long to move up within the company.

I believe that management needs to watch themselves from having favortism, and talking about other employees to the favorite employee's. Also have more rotations for the floor associates to move to different departments and focus on all their employees development goals.

341 Other Employee Reviews for Crate and Barrel (View Most Recent)

It was a great place to be exposed to a working environment for the first time.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Crate and Barrel

Pros

Managers ensure and let staff know that they do not micromanage.
    Good pay mostly starting at 9 dollars
    Relaxed yet fast paced environment

Cons

Sometimes when work is slow the job can be very boring but you still have to find ways to keep working like housekeeping or preping products for packing.

It seems that all of management is very enthusiastic to work in the positions that they do and they are very approachable with many circumstances.

One disappointment after another

Former Employee - Furniture Customer Service in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Furniture Customer Service in Columbus, OH

I worked at Crate and Barrel

Pros

When I first started I loved, LOVED my job...Benefits are great, GLBT friendliness throughout the store, decent pay for retail, and discount is great.

Cons

Micromanaging, lack of communication to office associates, managers are nice people with NO management capabilities. Only had 1 raise in over two years for $.25 even though my reviews were spotless. I was hired as customer service but fulfilled the role as Office Manager. When I asked if I could work towards being promoted I was told if someone asked I could call myself the Office Manager but it wasn't in the budget for the promotion. Then they internally moved someone from another position in the store and gave her the Office manager title and had me train her.

When I walk out of my job I am aware of the circumstances so PLEASE... do not call me, apologize (too little too late) and ask me to come back, and THEN once I accept retract the offer because of "negative feelings" throughout the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Crate and Barrel