A data center generalist---performed all duties

Former Employee - Previous Data Center Manager  in  Tucker, GA
Former Employee - Previous Data Center Manager in Tucker, GA

I worked at Crawford & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

State of the art facility and equipment refresh every three to five years

Cons

Some long hours which is expected in the I.T. world but without personnel backup to relieve me to get rest.

Stay away from new bleeding edge technology. Respect and depend on your valued employees

Other Reviews for Crawford & Company

Crawford's & Co. is OK if you need a job but not a "great" place to work. However, it could and should be.

Former Employee - Property General Adjuster  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Property General Adjuster in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Crawford & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Independent. Loved working from home. Minimal supervision. Had worked for the company over 20 years, first as catastrophe adjuster, as a salaried field adjuster, & as a general adjuster. Learned a lot. Many great people to work with and good school in Atlanta.

Cons

Final Branch Manager inexperienced, micro managed and not employee friendly. Company supplied refurbished & outdated computers (2 crashed in one year) Became more difficult to do my job. About one week a month, on call 24 hr/day for no extra pay. All salaries frozen for years. The company modified the compensation package, by either lowering your cut (a percentage of your billing) &/or benefits. Finally had to give up health care and vehicle to make the same prior income. The Company changed all salaried property adjusters to hourly. Over time asked to do more & more for less which I understand has been a common trend in our economy.

I've noticed Crawford's stock has done very well the last couple of years. It might be nice to pass a little more back to your employees.

Once innovative, a leader in the US and global markets, employee centered; now, no longer stands out in the crowd

Former Employee - Field Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Field Claims Adjuster

I worked at Crawford & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None; other than a struggling and mismanaged IT department has occasionally developed proprietary internal claims software.

Cons

Name it! No concerns for employees, horrible benefits (if provided), bloated management that can't steer a straight course, crappy pay and work conditions.

Jeff Bowman - stop the incestuous hiring of board members, trim Atlanta's fat, go back to basic claim handling, invest in your employees, provide a good wage, stop giving away the farm to clients with things like unlimited free mileage and unsustainable hour rates, flat rates. And, for heaven's sake, stop the service credit nonsense where you in effect are paying companies to use Crawford & Company for partnership. Finally, make sure that you have people in lower management positions that know something about claims, deliver not only a timely report but how about a quality report. I wish you the best of luck. You've been trying to steer that aircraft carrier in the right direction since one of your predecessors nearly destroyed the company. You still have a long way to get her running into the wind. You and the board need to consider that a company can't expect much when you ladle on the gravy for your clients but shovel garbage to your employees. Until you change, you will continue to hemorrhage quality employees like you have and you will be left with the vapid and unskilled.

There are newer employer reviews for Crawford & Company.

Worked for Crawford & Company? Contribute to the Community!