Crawford & Company

www.crawfordandcompany.com
  www.crawfordandcompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Crawford & Company

Lack of capable management led to unprofessionalism at all levels.

Former Employee - Multi-Line Adjuster
Former Employee - Multi-Line Adjuster

I worked at Crawford & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to work from home was a bonus.

Cons

The favoritism made the office an impossible place to work. Some workers are constantly 'on call' and others manage to avoid their on call week for months at a time. Lack of training and up to date IT systems made accomplishing a task more cumbersome than it should have been.

Please hire only competent people and reward them appropriately.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Crawford & Company (View Most Recent)

Worked at Crawford 10 years...it was great a few years ago...

I worked at Crawford & Company

Pros

Work your own hours (sort of)
    Great training at Crawford University in Atlanta.
    Interesting work and making a difference during peoples losses to get them back on track.

Cons

Micro-management and the "like it or leave it attitude". Some managers don't care about their staff, even more regional managers care even less. Some of the VP's are pencil pushers who have never spent anytime in the field, and have no idea what it's like being a field adjuster. This makes them very bottom line. Some times to keep the branch or region floating "sacrifices" must be made. I saw many people (Good people) get the shaft with this company. I was able to hand in my notice and leave, some were blindsided with a day notice. Upper Management ruined this company and a great career. Some managers out there may care, but every year Crawford sheds their good staff for corporate ass-kissery.

I have nothing profound or helpful for this firm. Most of the offices are being rolled under others. Do you not see a trend and failure in management? Well...I guess as long as the books are in the black all is right..

Crawford's & Co. is OK if you need a job but not a "great" place to work. However, it could and should be.

Former Employee - Property General Adjuster  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Property General Adjuster in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Crawford & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Independent. Loved working from home. Minimal supervision. Had worked for the company over 20 years, first as catastrophe adjuster, as a salaried field adjuster, & as a general adjuster. Learned a lot. Many great people to work with and good school in Atlanta.

Cons

Final Branch Manager inexperienced, micro managed and not employee friendly. Company supplied refurbished & outdated computers (2 crashed in one year) Became more difficult to do my job. About one week a month, on call 24 hr/day for no extra pay. All salaries frozen for years. The company modified the compensation package, by either lowering your cut (a percentage of your billing) &/or benefits. Finally had to give up health care and vehicle to make the same prior income. The Company changed all salaried property adjusters to hourly. Over time asked to do more & more for less which I understand has been a common trend in our economy.

I've noticed Crawford's stock has done very well the last couple of years. It might be nice to pass a little more back to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Crawford & Company

Worked for Crawford & Company? Contribute to the Community!