Cray
www.cray.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great company with strong values and relaxed work environment

Saint Paul, MN

ProsThere are a lot of people willing to work with you. Since it is a smaller company you get to know most of the employees and work closely with them.

ConsIt's a smaller company so one client could make or break the fiscall year. Needs more clients and deeper pockets, but that all depends on demand.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the Systems Engineers and Systems Engineering software to have more organized way of developing the system from start to finish.

Poorly managed company.

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cray full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Interesting and challenging work. Many good people to work with. Cons: Inconsistent management that tries to run an engineering company like a assembly line. Cray expects employees to give 150%, but never seem to recognize this… Advice to Senior Management: People are not interchangeable cogs. Don't treat them that way. Stop reducing benefits. Start increasing compensation. Stop talking about "product quality" and actually do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Upsizing and downsizing made unstable job security.

Technical Writer II (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cray full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice pay, work remotely when needed. Cons: Suggestions not heard up the chain. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cray.

Worked for Cray? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cray reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cray CEO Peter J. Ungaro. All reviews posted anonymously by Cray employees.