There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

Got me a job fast for good pay.

Current Employee - IOS Developer in New York, NY
Current Employee - IOS Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

Creative Circle seems to have a lot of connections and they got me a freelance job within a few weeks at the rate I requested. You work for and get paid by Creative Circle and not for the place they send you so you don't get benefits but you can just account for that when you quote them a rate. They also charge the place where you work almost twice what you are getting paid which encourages most places to offer you a permanent job if your project is more than a few months long. They also send email messages about open freelance opportunities so you can judge the market and decide whether to kick or stick.

Cons

No benefits
No paid vacation, which becomes an issue if you are on an assignment for more than 8-10 weeks. It would be nice to be able to take a day to handle personal stuff that can't be done on weekends.

Advice to Management

Maybe boost the rate of freelancers after 8 weeks on one assignment. Most people who freelance either like variety or want a permanent job while any company that is keeping a freelancer on for 8 weeks is probably disorganized or unable to make decisions. Why not get the maximum revenue from those customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

Knowledge of Advertising industry and strong managment team. Great training!

Cons

Long hours but worth it in the end

Significantly lower rates than standard, pushy

Former Employee - Freelance in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Freelance in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

They apparently do have hiring-side clients and will call you with opportunities. but...

Cons

I am a very senior designer in a field that is in demand. When I told them my rate, a rate I was currently making with a current client that I got through another recruiter than Creative Circle, Creative Circle was only willing to offer me 50% of that rate! When I asked how they could expect a person with such experience to accept that, the Creative Circle recruiter said to me "well you will be out of work soon [my contract was ending soon] so wouldn't you rather make something than nothing?" - I was disgusted and insulted. When I pointed out that I am running a business and that my rate is my rate and to accept anything lower would be detrimental to my business, the recruiter said "well I disagree and think you should take the offer". I laughed at them and wished them well.

Might be good for people hard up for work or just starting out but I would stay away from Creative Circle like a professional plague.

Advice to Management

Treat your talent with respect and pay them market or higher rates otherwise close up shop and find a job yourself so you aren't mistreating people with your insane business model.