Creative Circle

www.creativecircle.com
  www.creativecircle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

Not outstanding but they get plenty of submissions

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Listing almost daily; prompt payments,

Cons

More concerned with their commissions than their representatives and focus more on short-term assignments rather than cultivating relationships. No accruable personal days or health benefits no matter how long you've been with the agency. Compensation is always on the low-end of the scale because they specialize in quantity not quality

Become better experts in the fields in which you represent therefore you can demand higher minimums from your clients.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Creative Circle (View Most Recent)

Advertising recruiting at its worst

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Seriously, I can't think of any. They don't even deserve one star. I think more and more agency folks are learning about CC's shadiness and cutting their working relationship off.

Cons

Where do I begin?

• Horrible hourly pay for gigs, i.e., $25 per, for a Sr. Art Director or Sr. Copywriter (I've spoken to many peers in the biz who say CC takes as much as 60 to 70% of the rate they get the client to sign off on. Pathetic. Pros in the biz like Aquent, Vitamin T, The Smart Dept and The Want Club blow them out of the water.

• Recruiters don't have voicemail for job candidates, just their agency clients. This is unheard of (no pun intended).

• Don't return emails (or poor at this); and often have a negative, short tone (exclamation points). One example (this was the entire email response) "I will let you know!"

• Agents don't interact/share information on CC talent pool; they're like cut-throat car salespeople (at the expense of candidates).

• Known for poor management of logistics, i.e., leaving out details (start time on first day, length of project) which ends up making talent look bad in front of the client.

• Big one: You get a call on Friday at 5:30pm because they need someone desperately for a Monday gig that starts first thing in the AM. So you cobble together relevant samples and send them to the rep. Rep says they'll let you know either way. Poof. Disappear. You never hear back, either way.

Be more like Aquent, Vitamin T, The Smart Dept and The Want Club.

Amazing Company!

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with some of the best recruiters and account executives who will work to get you placed!
    Very sweet and helpful people.

Cons

You only have two options, Account Executive or Recruiter.

You're AMAZING, keep up the great work! :-)

There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle