There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

Advertising recruiting at its worst

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Seriously, I can't think of any. They don't even deserve one star. I think more and more agency folks are learning about CC's shadiness and cutting their working relationship off.

Cons

Where do I begin?

• Horrible hourly pay for gigs, i.e., $25 per, for a Sr. Art Director or Sr. Copywriter (I've spoken to many peers in the biz who say CC takes as much as 60 to 70% of the rate they get the client to sign off on. Pathetic. Pros in the biz like Aquent, Vitamin T, The Smart Dept and The Want Club blow them out of the water.

• Recruiters don't have voicemail for job candidates, just their agency clients. This is unheard of (no pun intended).

• Don't return emails (or poor at this); and often have a negative, short tone (exclamation points). One example (this was the entire email response) "I will let you know!"

• Agents don't interact/share information on CC talent pool; they're like cut-throat car salespeople (at the expense of candidates).

• Known for poor management of logistics, i.e., leaving out details (start time on first day, length of project) which ends up making talent look bad in front of the client.

• Big one: You get a call on Friday at 5:30pm because they need someone desperately for a Monday gig that starts first thing in the AM. So you cobble together relevant samples and send them to the rep. Rep says they'll let you know either way. Poof. Disappear. You never hear back, either way.

Be more like Aquent, Vitamin T, The Smart Dept and The Want Club.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Creative Circle (View Most Recent)

Amazing Company!

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with some of the best recruiters and account executives who will work to get you placed!
    Very sweet and helpful people.

Cons

You only have two options, Account Executive or Recruiter.

You're AMAZING, keep up the great work! :-)

"Thank you for holding, someone will be with you in 365 days."

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

* They somehow seem to have a lot of available positions.
    * They have a large roster of talent.
    * They are known in the industry.

Cons

* Hiring managers at agencies have developed a bad taste for how Creative Circle "spitballs" candidates and as a result, candidates are given low consideration based on their representation by CC.
    * As a candidate, I found that the recruiters really had no clue about what my day to day duties require. I got calls for UXA, developer, and project manager gigs.
    * They don't seem to communicate with each other at all. I was placed at a job by one Creative Circle recruiter, then another called and asked if I could go interview for another position. Do they even check my file?
    * The recruiters are rude to candidates, but saccharin sweet to hiring managers. They seem to forget that sometimes these people are one and the same.
    * This may or may not be isolated, but I was definitely misled by my recruiter about how long the position would last and if it was even open for conversion to full time.
    * They create a cattle call environment by posting all over the job boards with listings that state "we have a client who is looking for" whatever the position is. It's a false lead. They just want to keep their talent pool stocked up. You're not going in to respond to a real job.
    * I've hired from them, and I've found positions through them, yet no one seems to know that I've already been in for multiple "getting to know you" interviews.

I do not approve of Creative Circle's way of doing business. As a hiring manager, I won't use Creative Circle anymore because they lie to my candidates and they lie to me, then they poach their own placements.

Create a better system of communication between your recruiters. Don't burn bridges by misrepresenting jobs to candidates. Those candidates are your future (or current) hiring managers. They will repay your business tactics by blacklisting you, as I have.

There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle