Creative Circle
www.creativecircle.com Los Angeles, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Advertising recruiting at its worst

Senior CopyWriter (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsSeriously, I can't think of any. They don't even deserve one star. I think more and more agency folks are learning about CC's shadiness and cutting their working relationship off.

ConsWhere do I begin?

• Horrible hourly pay for gigs, i.e., $25 per, for a Sr. Art Director or Sr. Copywriter (I've spoken to many peers in the biz who say CC takes as much as 60 to 70% of the rate they get the client to sign off on. Pathetic. Pros in the biz like Aquent, Vitamin T, The Smart Dept and The Want Club blow them out of the water.

• Recruiters don't have voicemail for job candidates, just their agency clients. This is unheard of (no pun intended).

• Don't return emails (or poor at this); and often have a negative, short tone (exclamation points). One example (this was the entire email response) "I will let you know!"

• Agents don't interact/share information on CC talent pool; they're like cut-throat car salespeople (at the expense of candidates).

• Known for poor management of logistics, i.e., leaving out details (start time on first day, length of project) which ends up making talent look bad in front of the client.

• Big one: You get a call on Friday at 5:30pm because they need someone desperately for a Monday gig that starts first thing in the AM. So you cobble together relevant samples and send them to the rep. Rep says they'll let you know either way. Poof. Disappear. You never hear back, either way.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more like Aquent, Vitamin T, The Smart Dept and The Want Club.

Amazing Company!

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros: Working with some of the best recruiters and account executives… Cons: You only have two options, Account Executive or Recruiter. Advice to Senior Management: You're AMAZING, keep up the great work! :-) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

"Thank you for holding, someone will be with you in 365 days."

Senior Art Director (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros: * They somehow seem to have a lot of available positions. *… Cons: * Hiring managers at agencies have developed a bad taste for how Creative Circle "spitballs" candidates and as a result, candidates are given low consideration… Advice to Senior Management: Create a better system of communication between your recruiters. Don't burn bridges by misrepresenting jobs to candidates. Those candidates… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Creative Circle.

Worked for Creative Circle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Creative Circle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle. All reviews posted anonymously by Creative Circle employees.