There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

Nothing gained

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

The recruiter was friendly and professional.

Cons

It felt as if the interviews and conversations were beneficial to the recruiter for resource data mining. (They asked you file employment paperwork before the interview.) During the interview, I was told there was a job but it was no longer available. Communication after the interview with the organization was limited. I ended up finding a permanent position on my own a short time later.

Advice to Management

Accept resumes, but reserve interviews once actual positions are available. If a recruiter is looking to network, host events where everyone can benefit.

reviews filtered by

If you'd like to give away half your rate AND you're desperate...

Former Contractor - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They have lots of jobs.

Cons

The jobs they post are jobs you can get on your own if you know how to work it.
    I hate to see super-talented people get taken advantage of here. A senior art director getting 50.00 an hour, max? sickening. These salespeople act as though they hold the keys to the universe, yet they don't seem to know much about advertising. Just money. If you can do your research, network your ass off, use Linked In and be persistent you don't need these insincere clowns. Once you sign up, you can't approach other companies to think first! Even if you HAVE to have a recruiter, think twice before you fill our their I-9-they won't even see you without it! Once you sign, they own you-meaning they won't get you work where you've worked before, interviewed or just approached in the last two months. I just believe that you really can get a job on your own. And if you can't, you must get a recruiter who's trustworthy, sincere, nice and who know a lot about advertising creative. Half the people don't have any idea what good creative is, they don't read CA or Lurzer's.
    I'm sure this is a good place for people who are out of state and want to move here, or those looking for any full-time job. There's good recruiters out there, just here at the Old Navy (pun intended-you know who you are).

Advice to Management

Please be creative yourself, know what's happening, don't just read off a script. We know your boss is pushing you to make lots of money, but don't go to the dark side. Tamper it with savvy and appreciation.

Good place to start your creative career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This agency probably provides the most recommendations of any in the creative fields. The work ranges tremendously--some of the clients are major, others are startups. It's a good way to build a portfolio if you're starting out, and pick up some freelance work if you're established and looking for your next job.

Cons

The pay is well below industry standard. Because they have such a large stable of talent, you have to make a strong case that you're right for the gig. Freelancer gigs mostly occur on site.

Advice to Management

Establish two tiers of talent, and pay the upper tier more as a premium service. Allow your younger talent to develop, while paying more senior people better.

There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle