Creative Circle

www.creativecircle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

Professional

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

Pros

I was contacted right away after submitting my resume to a recruiter's job ad on craiglist. So far everyone in the company is professional and I am about to start a freelance job soon!

Cons

Recruiters are often busy... and they don't really reply right away.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Creative Circle (View Most Recent)

Creative Circle is a good resource for freelancers--but it shouldn't be their only resource.

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Compared with other temporary staffing agencies I've dealt with, Creative Circle is much more proactive. I receive several e-mails a day notifying me of jobs that may match my skills, and recruiters will call when they think they've found a particularly relevant position for me. Even when a possible job falls through, I appreciate their effort to keep me in the loop.

Cons

I'm not sure how well equipped (or willing) the recruiters are to evaluate their talent's competence. At one short-term engagement where Creative Circle had supplied eight proofreaders, I was shocked to discover that I was the only one who was formally trained and was actually familiar with proofreaders' marks and conventions.

I hope your behind-the-scenes operations are as polished as the image your recruiters present to job candidates.

Exceeded Expectations!

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I went into the interview with Creative Circle with a very cynical attitude. I had read online reviews that talked about bait and switch tactics, low wages and poor communication. When the recruiter told me that she might send me some jobs that were below my minimum if she thought they were a particularly good fit, I thought "Yep. Here we go. Nothing is going to come of this." I continued to find freelance jobs on my own and ignored the company postings. Then, several weeks later I got a call from the recruiter about a job that was a perfect match with my skills at a great company. The offer rate was too low, but she promised to negotiate a better rate. She absolutely came through! The communication was great. The job is great and the rate is exactly what I requested. I decided I had to take the time to write this review because I almost wrote the company off based on poor reviews. I'm very glad I did not!

Cons

None so far. I'm very pleased with my experience with Creative Circle so far. I'm just getting started on my first assignment. So far, so good!

Posted job rates are way too low for experienced contractors. I did not trust the recruiter when she said she could negotiate higher rates based on my experience - and so I was not actively reviewing leads. I felt my time would be better spent finding jobs on my own. I would put more effort into explaining your ability to negotiate better rates for the right person.

There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle