Creative Circle

There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle

Bait & Switch Recruiter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Creative Circle (less than an year)

Pros

If you're looking for freelance work with no long-term stability or benefits and don't mind being duped into applying for fake jobs, this may be the recruiting agency for you.

Cons

The company Creative Circle, LLC is a bait & switch recruiting agency. They post highly desirable job postings and then, if they even bother to email you back, they email back to say their 'client has changed their mind' and then Creative Circle will provide you with a completely different job to apply for that is not nearly as exciting as the original post.

Ensure your staff are posting legitimate job postings, ensure your staff follow-up with job seekers with correct & complete information & instructions in professionally formatted emails.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Creative Circle (View Most Recent)

I Think I'm Just Going To Stop Responding To Their Emails

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

Pros

I guess they seem nice enough.

Cons

I submitted a resume in response to a online ad and received a call from their receptionist a couple weeks later. She scheduled an in-person interview for the following week; I filled out a candidate profile online before the interview, as well as a stack of paperwork at their office. Unlike what several reviewers below mention, the guy I met with actually had a creative background at a reputable Ad agency. Both he and the receptionist were really nice and I felt comfortable dealing with them.

I was told to periodically check their website site. If I saw any jobs that interested me I was to apply online or contact the person I interviewed with. I've since applied for several jobs on their website. I've also sent 2-3 resumes in response to emails soliciting resumes that have come into my inbox. Based on the job descriptions, most of these jobs I have been very well qualified for.

But no matter what the position is, or how well qualified I am, I have not heard back from anyone at Creative Circle. I've sent 4-5 resumes in 6-8 weeks and haven't heard so much as a peep from anyone. Not much response to my follow-up efforts either. Reading other reviews, I see that this is apparently pretty normal, which is both rude and aggravating.

Gotta admit that this is getting somewhat frustrating. Especially after they reached out to a lot of my professional references. There are a lot of other jobs out there for which I can apply. So instead of wasting much more time and effort with Creative Circle with no return, I think that I'm going to stop responding to them.

Be more responsive to job applicants, one way or the other. It helps to know where we stand after being invited to submit a resume for a freelance or full-time position.

Creative Circle is a good resource for freelancers--but it shouldn't be their only resource.

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Compared with other temporary staffing agencies I've dealt with, Creative Circle is much more proactive. I receive several e-mails a day notifying me of jobs that may match my skills, and recruiters will call when they think they've found a particularly relevant position for me. Even when a possible job falls through, I appreciate their effort to keep me in the loop.

Cons

I'm not sure how well equipped (or willing) the recruiters are to evaluate their talent's competence. At one short-term engagement where Creative Circle had supplied eight proofreaders, I was shocked to discover that I was the only one who was formally trained and was actually familiar with proofreaders' marks and conventions.

I hope your behind-the-scenes operations are as polished as the image your recruiters present to job candidates.

There are newer employer reviews for Creative Circle